Business credit building Journey started 04/01/2022

JohnR22

Hello Everyone,

I have had a business set up last August 2021 and never built any credit for it. I started 1st of April of this month fixing my credibility. Here is what I have done so far:

1- Bought new virtual business address from Regus as i was using my home address. I have submitted an application with the state to update my address. 

2- I have bought a 800 number from freedom voice and got it set up on my cell phone.

3-I have requested to be listed on 411 directory using listyourself.net( at the end said it would take a week to be listed)

4- I have started google my business, bing my business and yelp set up. Yelp and bing approved next day and waiting on Google post card.

5- I had a D&B number already, so I went and updated my profile.

6- I had creditstrong business account set up since January and it has reported 3 payments( january, feb and march) already to Equifax.

7- I have had Nav for 1 month and canceled back in November and they reported that account to D&B only once.

8- nothing reporting to Experian

So far: no paydex on d&B and only 1 TL reported back in November, none reporting to Experian and have a 28 score and address not updated yet. have 3 payments reporting on equifax from creit strong and score of 512 and 75.7

I have applied for the following and got approved:

1-Summa 

2- strategic Network solutions

3- Ohana Products 

4- Crown office supplies

5- T-shirt club

6- Shirtsy

7- Office Garner

8- CEO Creative

9- Maverick office supplies

10-Bizcredit central

I have applied for the following and I am waiting :

1- Grainger

2- JJ Gold International

3- NewEggBusiness

4-AtoB

5-Roadflex

I have applied with Uline but asked to prepay 3 to 5 orders before they approve me for line of credit.

I have applied for Verizon business cell phone account without PG and got approved for up to 8 lines. I did order one line and an Iphone 13 pro max without paying anything. Waiting for it to ship.

I will try to update here once a month so I can share my business credit building journey with you.  For now I won't apply for anything and wait till I start seeing all of those vendors reporting. once they start reporting I will move to tier 2 accounts. See you again 1st week of May.

Thanks,

• Admin

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

• 3 weeks later...

Your first list that you are waiting to report sounds good.

I just started my business credit building as well. 

I'm waiting for Sykes Marketing Group, Nav, and bizcreditcentral to report any day now.

I'm also adding 

Red spectrum

Namyme

CEO creative

Maverick 

Shirtsy 

Ohana 

To report all in next month.

I'm likely going to pay DNB to list a few that aren't reporting to DNB but waiting till I have a few... the Sykes 10k is some I really want for dnb. With what I just got,  I should have a paydex immediately. 

My bank offered me a business credit card but I froze my TU because I have too many inquiries and yeah, that's what they tried pulling from. I need to let my TU alone for a little while because I'm getting denied with a 740 FICO only because of the crazy number of hard pulls.

Hey I actually got a big bloc and a flex acct from fundbox with no business credit. Pretty sure my bank deposits and personal credit got me oked. It was nice, especially because they are both quite a bit of money. My goal is to get fuel and credit cards in the next 1-3 months, preferably no personal hps and no pg.