Question about AU

schizcat

50 minutes ago, schizcat said:

What card(s) will report AU on their credit report, if any?

this thread is out of date but gives you an idea. Note that there may be a difference in reporting if the AU does not share the same address. IMHO you might be better off asking the question based on the cards in consideration. In general Amex is NOT a good choice since it reporting AU accounts as open the date the AU is added (which largely defeats the purpose of adding an AU)

21 hours ago, hegemony said:

see the problem with Amex noted above :wave:

Hmmm, from the thread above the problem lies in backdating of credit history and where the AU's cards will be sent DH is an AU on my Amex and Barclays and it enabled him to generate a Fico score and raise his score as well. Of course, we share the same last name and the AU's cards were sent to my address. My son is an AU too on my Amex Everyday Card. His card will be sent to primary card holder's account (mine). He will never touch the card. 😉

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Hmmm, from the thread above the problem lies in backdating of credit history and where the AU's cards will be sent DH is an AU on my Amex and Barclays and it enabled him to generate a Fico score and raise his score as well. Of course, we share the same last name and the AU's cards were sent to my address. My son is an AU too on my Amex Everyday Card. His card will be sent to primary card holder's account (mine). He will never touch the card. 😉

Amex used to back date but now the policy is to display the open date for the AU tradeline as the date the AU was added. I have relatives on my Platinum card that have never lived at my address and amex reports for them but I added them before the D* policy changed and I believe their tradeline still shows open in 1993.