Citi Double Cash - Turd to Super Turd now

Krish

This would be my last card to use unless I cant get anything more than 2%. But now they decided to make it exciting..NOT... from 2% CB to 2 Thankyou points.. Seems like they are thanking us for carrying this super turd card... going back to sock drawer with monthly 5.12$ re-occurring VOIP monthly tax.

It feels like more lenders are cutting CB benefits and its getting tough to find a card and use it as a daily...

This would be my last card to use unless I cant get anything more than 2%. But now they decided to make it exciting..NOT... from 2% CB to 2 Thankyou points.. Seems like they are thanking us for carrying this super turd card... going back to sock drawer with monthly 5.12$ re-occurring VOIP monthly tax.

It feels like more lenders are cutting CB benefits and its getting tough to find a card and use it as a daily...

My understanding is that your can easily cash out TY Points for $0.01 each. Given that you earn 2 TY Points per dollar spent and repaid, how, precisely, are you losing money?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, PotO said:

My understanding is that your can easily cash out TY Points for $0.01 each. Given that you earn 2 TY Points per dollar spent and repaid, how, precisely, are you losing money?

You are right.. I just saw that and almost feel like they are going to devalue thankyou points soon...

You can still redeem for CB.

If you have a AF Card like the Premier for example, along with the DC card, your TY points earned on the DC are worth the same when transferring TY points to Citi transfer partners. At least that's how I understood the email I got a week or so ago.

In short, converting your CB to TY points on the DC makes it a turd, if you lack a AF TY card in your arsenal. Of course if you have no use or lack understanding concerning the TY points program, then the whole Citi setup will most likely appear to be a septic tank.

My use of Citi points is considered sub-optimal by many. 1000 TY points gets me 2000 Choice Privileges Points. 1000:2000

I have the Premier and DC.

You can still redeem for CB.

If you have a AF Card like the Premier for example, along with the DC card, your TY points earned on the DC are worth the same when transferring TY points to Citi transfer partners. At least that's how I understood the email I got a week or so ago.

In short, converting your CB to TY points on the DC makes it a turd, if you lack a AF TY card in your arsenal. Of course if you have no use or lack understanding concerning the TY points program, then the whole Citi setup will most likely appear to be a septic tank.

My use of Citi points is considered sub-optimal by many. 1000 TY points gets me 2000 Choice Privileges Points. 1000:2000
I have the Premier and DC.

Since I only redeem for cash, the only benefit to me is that now there will not be that annoying $25 minimum redemption.

Well, my sentiments pretty much lie with was @Krish expressed.  I don't have interest in dealing with the vagaries of the TY program.  Expiration of points is one thing I don't care for (not an issue with the former cb).

It's not a big deal, but I'm opting out.  Just cashed out my points for a statement credit and look to switch over to WF.  Notwithstanding issuer shortcomings, we've had no problem with our WF 2% card and it now edges out DC in my book.

Besides, this gives me an opportunity to PC into Custom Cash.  (realize I sacrifice the $200 SUB, but I'd rather keep my DC account active rather than forcing it into dormancy; 13 years of history I'd prefer not keep active by nominal purchase.)

Well, my sentiments pretty much lie with was [mention=26024]Krish[/mention] expressed.  I don't have interest in dealing with the vagaries of the TY program.  Expiration of points is one thing I don't care for (not an issue with the former cb).

It's not a big deal, but I'm opting out.  Just cashed out my points for a statement credit and look to switch over to WF.  Notwithstanding issuer shortcomings, we've had no problem with our WF 2% card and it now edges out DC in my book.

Besides, this gives me an opportunity to PC into Custom Cash.  (realize I sacrifice the $200 SUB, but I'd rather keep my DC account active rather than forcing it into dormancy; 13 years of history I'd prefer not keep active by nominal purchase.)

Maybe I'm missing something, but you can convert your TYP to cash at any time and with no minimum.

I think the new policy just offers a little more flexibility.

For me, 2x points or 2% cash back is Ok. The problem is staying in one ecosystem. I do not have time to manage multiple points currencies, such as Citi TY Points and MR points. Now, I am firmly in the Membership Rewards ecosystem because I have the Platinum card and my DH has the Gold card. I am using my FNBO Evergreen for 2% cash back on non-category spending, but I am getting between 3x to 5x on pretty much everything else. I might pick up the Blue Business Plus (flat 2x MR points) or Blue Business Cash (flat 2% cash back) in the future, depending on how the MR points system works out for me this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 6:40 AM, Krish said:

What does CB stand for?