Jump to content

Bank of America Destroyed My Credit: Cracking the Code Behind the Damage


swingline
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, swingline said:

Just wanted to update that Mr. Cooper still hasn't reported.

 

Meanwhile they've been high-pressuring me with unwanted phone calls, emails and letters to refinance with them and insure with one of their crooked partners. I've declined all of their efforts. And in retaliation, they cancelled my flood insurance.

Somehow I doubt that you have documentation which corroborates any manner of retaliatory action.  What IS more likely is that the insurer realized that the loan they attached the policy to has been closed out.  I am sure a call to the insurer would have clarified what has happened...

 

Broader question, based on what I see locally, is what your mortgage lender/servicer has to do with your flood insurance.  Around these parts, people secure that on their own and cut a check once a year.  It isn't associated with escrow in any fashion, so there is no third-party in the mix...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
On 12/27/2021 at 6:24 PM, centex said:

Somehow I doubt that you have documentation which corroborates any manner of retaliatory action.  What IS more likely is that the insurer realized that the loan they attached the policy to has been closed out.  I am sure a call to the insurer would have clarified what has happened...

 

Broader question, based on what I see locally, is what your mortgage lender/servicer has to do with your flood insurance.  Around these parts, people secure that on their own and cut a check once a year.  It isn't associated with escrow in any fashion, so there is no third-party in the mix...

Wow Centex, you just don't stop, do you? What a rotten bully. You're a real piece of work.  Yes, I have documentation of what Mr. Cooper did to my flood insurance, despite any of your "doubts." Not only were you nasty every step of the way, but your information was WRONG.  

 

But anyway, for those people who may have been similarly victimized, I came back to report that Mr. Cooper (finally) reported, and between that + my damage control closing several recently opened accounts, I recovered about 40 points.

 

So my advice to anyone sorting through this mess happening to them: a combination of patience in waiting for the reporting of the new mortgage (which took a little over two months), plus some damage control of closing recently opened accounts (if that doesn't damage your credit usage ratio) -- is a mostly effective solution. 

Edited by swingline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2021 at 6:24 PM, centex said:

Broader question, based on what I see locally, is what your mortgage lender/servicer has to do with your flood insurance.  Around these parts, people secure that on their own and cut a check once a year.  It isn't associated with escrow in any fashion, so there is no third-party in the mix...

 

Just an observation here:  During the 5 year period that we were placed into a flood zone in Philly, the lender required us to obtain flood insurance.  The best option was to shop for flood insurance.  (And, I can't honestly recall whether we were required to escrow by WF.)  However, if you failed to obtain coverage by a set date, WF would obtain coverage for you (at a sky high rate) and would definitely require the premiums be escrowed.  (Just a FYI).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin

My Brother-in-Law lives on an island off the coast of Georgia where they own several businesses.  He has flood insurance placed on their house.  I almost fainted when my sister told me how much the annual premium was just for the flood insurance.   It was more than $11.000.00 annually.  It was paid separately, not escrowed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MarvBear said:

My Brother-in-Law lives on an island off the coast of Georgia where they own several businesses.  He has flood insurance placed on their house.  I almost fainted when my sister told me how much the annual premium was just for the flood insurance.   It was more than $11.000.00 annually.  It was paid separately, not escrowed.

 

In my recent first-ever home purchase, I had to get flood insurance. By some miracle for a house bordered by water on three sides, it was <$600 when we first got here 8 years ago. Now it went up to $1000ish. Before picking this one, we looked at a non-waterfront but near water house with a $330/month premium. 

 

All that said, AFAIK FEMA controls all flood insurance and it varies little and often is confusing (someone mentioned a five-year period of being in a flood zone). From the little I recall about the pre-closing stuff I had to do, there was no variation in the quotes I received. 

 

Originally this house was owned by a small corporation after Sandy, and I've always had a sneaking suspicion they had some hand in reducing premiums, since Sandy destroyed the house. I don't know how, but I know all my relatives knew the seller through political connections. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MarvBear said:

My Brother-in-Law lives on an island off the coast of Georgia where they own several businesses.  

Which GA Island? I have lived on them all but am a Golden Isles native that lives on a Florida Island. BTW it was 83 here today and the grands went swimming in our pool..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 1:34 AM, swingline said:

Wow Centex, you just don't stop, do you? What a rotten bully. You're a real piece of work.  Yes, I have documentation of what Mr. Cooper did to my flood insurance, despite any of your "doubts." Not only were you nasty every step of the way, but your information was WRONG.  

 

But anyway, for those people who may have been similarly victimized, I came back to report that Mr. Cooper (finally) reported, and between that + my damage control closing several recently opened accounts, I recovered about 40 points.

 

So my advice to anyone sorting through this mess happening to them: a combination of patience in waiting for the reporting of the new mortgage (which took a little over two months), plus some damage control of closing recently opened accounts (if that doesn't damage your credit usage ratio) -- is a mostly effective solution. 

Wow Swingline, you sure don't stop with the insults, do you?  NOTHING in your thread thus far discusses the conversations you had with the insurance company.  Nothing would seem to be contrary to the hypothetical I offered. 

 

At EVERY step of the way, someone has allegedly had it in for you.  Your litigation should go swimmingly.  I look forward to the update after you prevail. 

 

Oh wait...that won't be happening because you won't sue because you won't win.  And if you DID litigate and lost, I am sure it will be because the court had it in for you...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, hdporter said:

 

Just an observation here:  During the 5 year period that we were placed into a flood zone in Philly, the lender required us to obtain flood insurance.  The best option was to shop for flood insurance.  (And, I can't honestly recall whether we were required to escrow by WF.)  However, if you failed to obtain coverage by a set date, WF would obtain coverage for you (at a sky high rate) and would definitely require the premiums be escrowed.  (Just a FYI).

And if someone was saddled with the highest priced policy, common sense says they would have been on the phone the same day (or next morning) shopping around.  I'm not saying people aren't required to have flood insurance in some instances or that, on occasion, it is definitely overpriced.  But there are elements of a story in this thread that stink worse than storm drains following a sewage overflow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, centex said:

And if someone was saddled with the highest priced policy, common sense says they would have been on the phone the same day (or next morning) shopping around.

 

This thread has continued to a regrettable length because much "defies" common sense.   Mere speculation, but a policy purchased by the lender, premiums included in the monthly bill (not necessarily escrow), and a cancellation upon transfer to another servicer all bear out a certain consistency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And if someone was saddled with the highest priced policy, common sense says they would have been on the phone the same day (or next morning) shopping around.  I'm not saying people aren't required to have flood insurance in some instances or that, on occasion, it is definitely overpriced.  But there are elements of a story in this thread that stink worse than storm drains following a sewage overflow. 

69e183fc2ab41a03119c2bc1e916a0cf.gif


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
This thread has continued to a regrettable length because much "defies" common sense.   Mere speculation, but a policy purchased by the lender, premiums included in the monthly bill (not necessarily escrow), and a cancellation upon transfer to another servicer all bear out a certain consistency.

Those with paranoid psychosis often have a difficult time with common sense.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, centex said:

Nothing would seem to be contrary to the hypothetical I offered. 

 

I look forward to the update after you prevail. 

 

Oh wait...that won't be happening because you won't sue because you won't win.  

Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way. I don't owe you more information, the outcome of tasks you assign, or any of the other things you might demand.  I came here looking for some help, and to share what happened to me to help others. You were a jerk and everything you assumed and predicted was wrong.

 

Everything I reported was factual, and and my interpretation and the steps I took to mitigate the damage done by Mr. Cooper also turned out to be correct.  

 

Centex, you must drive away a lot of people with your arrogance and stupidity. It was absolutely terrible having your destructive and nasty input while I dealt with this issue.

Edited by swingline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way. I don't owe you more information, the outcome of tasks you assign, or any of the other things you might demand.  I came here looking for some help, and to share what happened to me to help others. You were a jerk and everything you assumed and predicted was wrong.
 
Everything I reported was factual, and and my interpretation and the steps I took to mitigate the damage done by Mr. Cooper also turned out to be correct.  
 
Centex, you must drive away a lot of people with your arrogance and stupidity. It was absolutely terrible having your destructive and nasty input while I dealt with this issue.

All you have done is posted general undocumented assumptions which, frankly, indicate paranoid delusions.

Your tradeline reappeared and your tanked score recovered. While what happened would be uncommon for revolving credit tradelines, for mortgages it isn't totally uncommon.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, swingline said:

You were a jerk and everything you assumed and predicted was wrong.

 

Centex, you must drive away a lot of people with your arrogance and stupidity. It was absolutely terrible having your destructive and nasty input while I dealt with this issue.

You owe Centex an apology, Centex devotes so much time on here to help people by giving FREE legal advice based on her many years of education and many years of experience in the law profession.

 

She doesn't drive anyone away, you just don't like answers she gave you...

 

And fwiw, I had no idea Mr Cooper was subprime. My husband and i have never been late, we're actually paying off our mortgage 5yrs early, but our mortgage was still sold to Mr Cooper several years ago, and they have never bothered us at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PotO said:


All you have done is posted general undocumented assumptions which, frankly, indicate paranoid delusions.

 

Seriously? Undocumented? Will MarvBear chime in to ignore another personal attack, but support that it is standard credboards.com procedure to require uploading notarized documentation when you make a post?

 

5 hours ago, butterflywings said:

She doesn't drive anyone away, you just don't like answers she gave you...

 

And fwiw, I had no idea Mr Cooper was subprime. My husband and i have never been late, we're actually paying off our mortgage 5yrs early, but our mortgage was still sold to Mr Cooper several years ago, and they have never bothered us at all.

Yes. I don't like WRONG answers while someone bullies me and calls me a liar. You can go apologize to someone for doing that to you if you like.

 

And meanwhile fwiw, you can read about what the rest of the country has to say about Mr. Cooper:

 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-07/nationstar-mortgage-accused-by-states-of-harming-homeowners


https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-12-07/nationstar-mortgage-refund-73-million-to-borrowers

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/08/nationstar-mortgage-mr-cooper-91-million-settlement/

 

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/cfpb-looking-at-mr-cooper-after-withdrawal-errors/

 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/my-mr-cooper-experience-so-many-violations-little-time-timothy-li

 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mr-cooper-dallas-4

 

Edited by swingline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
3 hours ago, swingline said:

Seriously? Undocumented? Will MarvBear chime in to ignore another personal attack, but support that it is standard credboards.com procedure to require uploading notarized documentation when you make a post?

 

I don't understand what you are asking.  I have no idea what you mean about a procedural requirement that we have to upload a notarized document.  We make no stipulations for that when you make a post.

 

I have read thru this thread, and it escapes me where anyone has personally attacked you.  You are posting on an internet message board and not everyone will post that which you want to hear.  Some of our members are blunt, have little patience, and can be very short in their responses,  and if you don't like that then use the board controls to ignore those that you do not like.

 

To the contrary, you are the one who has actually been doing the name calling in all fairness.

 

Please don't drag this on further.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

I don't understand what you are asking.  I have no idea what you mean about a procedural requirement that we have to upload a notarized document.  We make no stipulations for that when you make a post.

 

PotO wrote, "All you have done is posted general undocumented assumptions which, frankly, indicate paranoid delusions."
What I've said isn't documented enough and must be a lie? How was I supposed to document this for PotO to be credible?

 

45 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

I have read thru this thread, and it escapes me where anyone has personally attacked you.  You are posting on an internet message board and not everyone will post that which you want to hear.  Some of our members are blunt, have little patience, and can be very short in their responses,  and if you don't like that then use the board controls to ignore those that you do not like.

 

A few examples...

 

Centex wrote:

 

"decided to screw Swingline, relationships be damned."
"Seek help for the continued persecution complex"

 

PotO wrote:


"I'm not qualified to give psychiatric advice."
"You just have to put on your big-boy pants and suck it up."
"Those with paranoid psychosis often have a difficult time with common sense."

 

And that's not even getting into how many times I was called a liar or confused. Seriously, MarvBear you missed all that and the only thing you noticed was me fighting back? That's some mighty selective reading. 

 

I just came looking for some help and to share my experience to assist others. I've been called a liar, confused, crazy and wrong. But you're going to blame me for calling it out and fighting back against the bullies?

 

And now that it has all played out, it turns out that I was correct in my original assumptions and the best way to handle it. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, swingline said:

And now that it has all played out, it turns out that I was correct in my original assumptions and the best way to handle it. 

 

I wouldn't think you'd have anything more to write on the matter.  (To do so suggests you're finding this "banter" much more satisfying than you otherwise claim.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines