New Bank of America (BoA) Unlimited Cash Rewards Card Switch Offer

Just received an offer in the mail to convert the DWs customized cash rewards (the 3/2/1 card) to their new Unlimited cash card which pays a flat 1.5%.  On the surface, this card is a turd unless you have the premier benefits, and then it becomes a 2.625% cash back card on all purchases which is very good.

However, the nice kicker of the offer was a bonus of $200 if you spend $1,000 by 3/31/22, and 15 months 0% interest on purchases.  Also no application/credit check, same account number, etc.

We don't typically use this card so changing the rewards doesn't really matter, so I will gladly take their free $200. 

6 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Just received an offer in the mail to convert the DWs customized cash rewards (the 3/2/1 card) to their new Unlimited cash card which pays a flat 1.5%.  On the surface, this card is a turd unless you have the premier benefits, and then it becomes a 2.625% cash back card on all purchases which is very good.

However, the nice kicker of the offer was a bonus of $200 if you spend $1,000 by 3/31/22, and 15 months 0% interest on purchases.  Also no application/credit check, same account number, etc.

We don't typically use this card so changing the rewards doesn't really matter, so I will gladly take their free $200. 

I have received similar offers before.  :wave:

Bank of America seems to be pushing this card to replace a custom card, enticing you to switch, and incentivizing you by adding a $200 bonus and accompanying promotions. 

Haha... Screenshot, or it didn't happen!  :lol:

x6tceqL.jpg

The only thing either of our BoA cards get is BT action at 0%, it is nice having almost $200k easily available should it be needed.  We generally don't chase cash rewards, so changing to the flat rewards structure has no impact on our usage.  So I'll find some spend that would normally go on the Freedom Unlimited and put it on this card to take their free $200.  I see the car & homeowners getting paid off early this year...or I can pay my property taxes for the year, let them sit at 0% and come out net ahead even after the CC fee they charge.  Options aplenty!