What Was Out of Stock or Noticeably More Expensive for You This Week?

cv91915

3 hours ago, centex said:

Now show us the plastic sack over the pump handle...at that price, even 91 is gone in moments...I had to pay $4.199 yesterday.  We are up almost a dollar within the week at most of the Houston area stations.  Diesel closer to five bucks at the Flying J in north Houston...

price was the same today when I had to fill up Mrs. H's German-come-Alabama-mobile. I don't think I've ever seen premium lower than regular.

15 hours ago, hegemony said:

price was the same today when I had to fill up Mrs. H's German-come-Alabama-mobile. I don't think I've ever seen premium lower than regular.

What is sad is that there are some community airports where I could fill with 100LL for less than premium costs right now...only problem is I need to find a county to then register the vehicles where they won't do the emissions sniff test LOL!

4 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Gas and electric bills have shot up. Complaints abound on Nextdoor. Our bill was $100 more than last month. Trying to avoid cooking between 4 and 9pm. We'll see if that really makes a difference.

Unless one is on one of the 'plans' they always shill in the ads, I cannot see where that makes a difference.  Once summer and higher temps rolled around, I could see a slight link between cooking and the increased A/C run time, but not right now...locally, it was in the low 50's last night.  Cooking and then keeping the oven door open afterwards would have released some residual heat.  Not enough to make a real difference, but still...

2 hours ago, centex said:

What is sad is that there are some community airports where I could fill with 100LL for less than premium costs right now...only problem is I need to find a county to then register the vehicles where they won't do the emissions sniff test LOL!

well Vegas prices are a lot higher; where at Green Acres this month. Neighbor was *Admin and our Terms of Service prohibit profanity*ing about gas prices and I told him 3.90 is cheap. ETA: I then started explaining real versus nominal prices of gas over the past 25 years. I don't think he will talk to me again.

Edited by hegemony

Here in cold MN we just hit $3.99 at the pumps for Reg. unleaded. Sam's Club has no more jars of shelled peanuts (2 weeks in a row now). Eggs are up about a buck for 18 packs.

Diesel spiked TWICE in 24 hours at Flying J in North Houston...was $4.899 yesterday AM and $5.059 in the evening...up to $5.249 this morning.  Won't be surprised to see five and a half bucks tonight...and six by the end of next week.

I don't even look at what gas costs anymore. The daily driver just gets 93 from Costco, but the toy gets ethanol-free 91 from Fleet Farm. Both needed gas this week. The gas bill for the house broke $100 when the highest last year was....$70? Two months in a row now where the electric bill was over $200. I feel for those who truly can't afford the inflation but everyone saw it coming. If I had a nickel for every "told you so..." I wouldn't have to worry about inflation. Jeremy Clarkson's smug face has nothing on mine.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, hegemony said:

nothing. I was at 3 different brands today (kroger, WF, and TJs) and no bare shelves and nothing I needed that wasn't in stock. much ado about nothing.

There are some scarcities at my local Kroger, but at least it gets rid of the aisle-clogging displays...they need that crap to pack the shelves now.

Coke products are in short supply, but this time it is the bottles and not the can shortages from the Great Aluminum Shortages seen in the days of yore...

Meat case is also looking a little ragged...HEB has some wagyu but the price has gone up more than it is worth for just one tasty meal...

Caffeine Free Coke (not the diet crap) has finally made a reappearance in metro-Atlanta, after 8-10 months AWOL.   Only in 2-liter bottles (I prefer single serve cans).  I can now, once again, satisfy my crave for dessert and dinner in a single course! 

Ginger Ale was a sad substitute (Vernor's available too irregularly).  Beer became a more frequent substitute (switched to Yuengling most recently, Sam Adams varietals through the fall/winter).  But prefer to keep my mind bright for when I dive into tomorrow's NYT Xword after 10p.

16 hours ago, hdporter said:

Caffeine Free Coke (not the diet crap) has finally made a reappearance in metro-Atlanta, after 8-10 months AWOL.   Only in 2-liter bottles (I prefer single serve cans).  I can now, once again, satisfy my crave for dessert and dinner in a single course! 

Ginger Ale was a sad substitute (Vernor's available too irregularly).  Beer became a more frequent substitute (switched to Yuengling most recently, Sam Adams varietals through the fall/winter).  But prefer to keep my mind bright for when I dive into tomorrow's NYT Xword after 10p.

I believe I have both of those on the local shelves...I remember seeing the Diet Caffeine Free cans when a Vegas acquaintance was seeking it...

I will be by my local store tomorrow night and can check on both...but the ultimate question is what your limit on shipping would be, since I cannot imagine cans are cheap to ship...

1 hour ago, centex said:

I will be by my local store tomorrow night and can check on both...but the ultimate question is what your limit on shipping would be, since I cannot imagine cans are cheap to ship...

Apologies if my post came across as a solicitation to search out my more prized soda (though I'm appreciative of the offer! ;) )  The absent soda has been available for sale through some outlets like Amazon ... as you suggest, the cost w/ shipping is prohibitive.

My post was intended, in part, to note the irony of Coke products being unavailable in the Atlanta area ...

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

Apologies if my post came across as a solicitation to search out my more prized soda (though I'm appreciative of the offer! ;) )  The absent soda has been available for sale through some outlets like Amazon ... as you suggest, the cost w/ shipping is prohibitive.

My post was intended, in part, to note the irony of Coke products being unavailable in the Atlanta area ...

I GUARANTEE that you can find coke products in At...oh wait...different coke.  My bad ;)

Didn't know if it was a solicitation or not, but it was an offer if you were interested...trust me, I know what it is like...Kroger has been out of my Heritage DP (the stuff with real sugar) for several weeks.  I have had to resort to 2L bottles from HEB when I cannot get my cans.  I even have my spies at Kroger who would pounce on the DP guy each week...last time it came in, 15 of the 12-packs went home with me.  That was a little over three months ago. 

I order drinks off Amazon free shipping lol 

Im in MI 87 octane is between 3.79-4.29 depending on what area you fuel in. 
I noticed the price of chicken breast was $4.99lb vs $1.99 the last time I bought it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gas has jumped back up to $3.899 locally (regular...add 50-75 cents for premium) and I am seeing up to $5.599 for diesel.  The truck stop north of Houston isn't there yet, but they have been sitting on $5.299 for a week now.  I expect to see them north of $5.60 shortly...

2 hours ago, centex said:

Gas has jumped back up to $3.899 locally (regular...add 50-75 cents for premium) and I am seeing up to $5.599 for diesel.  The truck stop north of Houston isn't there yet, but they have been sitting on $5.299 for a week now.  I expect to see them north of $5.60 shortly...

it was a great quarter for Exxon...

• 2 weeks later...

Doing the math for the next trip out to Los Wages now that the Circa guarantees have been announced ($6M in each of the contests for those so interested)...looks like I can still drive it for ~$600 which is less than the airfare on UA. 

Of course, that calculus could change if premium is now over $6 in NV or AZ.  I know what to expect on the two TX fill-ups (which is still sticker shock), with the second being literally on the TX/NM border.  That then puts the third around Phoenix and gets me to LV...

Shelves are looking more and more bare but at least bacon has not gone up again...still holding at $6.99 from the case, with the additional help of staff that tare it down to the pound.  Hey, I will take the extra couple of strips at no cost if they want to let me have them...

Got a call this morning from the babushka that owns the euro deli down the street. Told me to come by before Saturday to stock up on sausages. Everything across the board going up 25 to 50% on the pound.