What Was Out of Stock or Noticeably More Expensive for You This Week?

cv91915

• 2 weeks later...

Shoppers 'astounded' by thinning grocery store supplies: 'It's just empty shelves'

Most of the grocery stores here in Charlotte aren't too bad. Sure prices are up on a lot of things, but plenty of food on the shelves. With that said though, I've seen some national chain drug stores around here that are seriously lacking in many OTC meds. Mostly in the not so good parts of town though. Go to a better side of town, and there is plenty of Advil to go around. Send the product to stores that are not as prone to shoplifting, pandemic or not. That's my guess. I can't prove it though.

Went to Kroger last week...bacon was at least still stable at $7.99/lb (was 4.99 for the longest, including up through mid-2021).  Milk section was very empty with the handwritten note about supply issues at the warehouse.  Price was about twice what it was this time last year. 

On the bright side, regular unleaded is at least back down to $2.659 which puts premium at $3.159.  So...I can fill most of the vehicles for under $50 if they are close to empty.

I'm getting notices on Butcher Box about certain items not being available...that is concerning, but not a deal breaker (yet) since I still have a fairly full freezer full of meat.

out here at Green Acres...

apparently the lady in front of me at the gas station (all I want is my damn coffee!!!) was pissed because they were out of #14 #15 and #21 lottery tickets (scratch offs). She didn't believe the poor clerk. My coffee was getting cold. :(

57 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Not really seeing empty grocery shelves. Prices? Well, I've reduced my meat intake so not an issue for me. However, 98% lean hamburger is about the same price so far.

Seeing that the local counter had ground beef pushing six bucks a pound, the ground beef for life deal I got with ButcherBox last year looks more and more like a bargain by the month. 

Went to a different burger joint yesterday since my brother wanted to go...ALSO out of onion rings. 

Since many restaurants are served by the likes of Sysco, it would seem that onion ring is a supply chain victim. 

25 minutes ago, TheVig said:

Went through the drive-thru at the golden arches yesterday. Got out of the line and kept going down the road. Sorry. I'm not paying north of $8.50 for a big mac meal. So I hit one of my Vietnamese places for a bowl of Pho' for $10.50.

you probably added 8 minutes to your life too. Pho is the best.

What hasn't gone up or been out of stock at some point recently?  We lucked out and bought 1/3 of a cow right before meat prices started going up.  Thing 2 was a little irritated that we paid like $3.99 a lb for ground beef at the time, but the retail price quickly surpassed that.