What Was Out of Stock or Noticeably More Expensive for You This Week?

cv91915

I had to go to three stores to find Kellogg's cornflakes for T.

Our main grocery store was out of croutons for over a week, but I finally found some there yesterday.

Cheese slices, 7-8 ounces depending on variety, have been $1.99 at the Mud Market forever, now +10% at $2.19.

Diet Sunkist 🤮 for T has been $1.19 for a 2-liter bottle for as long as I've been buying it.  New everyday price is ~70% higher at $1.99.

Edited by cv91915

• cv91915 changed the title to What Was Out of Stock or Noticeably More Expensive for You This Week?

47 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Sliced bread. Not the enriched crap but 100% wholewheat has been expensive for some time now. Dave's Bread is $6.99 a loaf.

Good lord.  

Q:  What does the cupboard say when bread goes to $6.99 a loaf?

A:  Dave's not here.  

Monkey_Drummer_Gif_Animation.gif?m=13996 

Gas, turkey breasts are hard to find. Had to settle for an off-brand. I noticed the prepared turkey day meals have increased an insane amount this year. Previous years were $75-100 for full meals, this year around $80 for just a turkey and sides are additional. A couple friends own restaurants and they're always talking about the increase in food costs this year. 

I've been getting in so many smug "I told you so" moments. I'm loving it.

2 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Gas, turkey breasts are hard to find. Had to settle for an off-brand. I noticed the prepared turkey day meals have increased an insane amount this year. Previous years were $75-100 for full meals, this year around $80 for just a turkey and sides are additional. A couple friends own restaurants and they're always talking about the increase in food costs this year. 

I've been getting in so many smug "I told you so" moments. I'm loving it.

It's going to be a bleak Thanksgiving for anyone who picks up an $80 turkey before they're blindsided by their first $12,000 heating bill.  😛 

The Aveda shampoo I've been using for several years recently went up to $60 a liter, and they haven't had their semi-permanent 20%-off sales in some time, like they did when it was $54 and below.

While waiting in vain for an Aveda sale I found that Target sells Suave's version of the rosemary mint shampoo.  <- At the time I linked that it was $3.69 for 28 ounces, so I picked up a bottle to try.

4 hours ago, 8ball said:

Went out to dinner last night at our little dive burger joint and no onion rings. Apparently Sysco as been out of stock. We did manage to pick up a Butterball turkey at Aldi's for .87 cents per pound. 

if they use sysco for onion rings you're better off licking the bottom of the table.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, hegemony said:

93 octane pump had a out of order sign on it (had to settle for 91). I asked the clerk if they were out of 93 and she said no their tank was full; the payment system at that pump is FUBAR.

They REALLY scraped the bottom of the barrel on that one...

On 11/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, hegemony said:

didn't notice anything out of stock today at the store. Much better than the empty shelves in 2020.

I never thought Dave's bread was that good. Invest in a good bread maker or find a local baker.

It' certainly doesn't taste spectacular but we've been interested in it because it's lower in sodium and carbs than Orowheat. However, I am going to check out local bakeries to see if there are healthier alternatives.

19 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

It' certainly doesn't taste spectacular but we've been interested in it because it's lower in sodium and carbs than Orowheat. However, I am going to check out local bakeries to see if there are healthier alternatives.

Seriously...get a bread machine.  There are some of the good older ones on the market...

A jar of yeast lasts MANY loaves and flour is cheap. 

Side benefit is that nothing helps to make a home smell pleasant quite like the smell of fresh-based bread. 

This reminds me I need to pull mine out and use it for this weekend...

8 hours ago, centex said:

Seriously...get a bread machine.  There are some of the good older ones on the market...

A jar of yeast lasts MANY loaves and flour is cheap. 

Side benefit is that nothing helps to make a home smell pleasant quite like the smell of fresh-based bread. 

This reminds me I need to pull mine out and use it for this weekend...

Are there good recipes for carb friendlier bread from a bread machine? I'm buying this brand of bread from Costco

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Sadly, I do have to watch these things. Not by my choice, but nature. and my crappy genetics.

I'm sure there are recipes out there, but my machine is from the early 90's, and those sorts of restrictions were not really addressed back then.

I can no longer get a tank of gas with one of the $50 BP gift cards I bought at Kroger with one of my Amices (20% back on $200 in purchases), and I'm not even in California this week, where gas is $1.50 (!!!!!!) more per gallon than it is here.

Edited by cv91915

I was in a grocery store I don't patronize very often the other day picking up a prescription for T, and chicken wings were $3.49 a pound, so I left them in the store.

Next day I was at the place I usually shop and they were $4.29 a pound. 

So I checked the family pack.  

$4.29 a pound.