Chase Sapphire Reserve 5 year gift????

hegemony

You know, you're right. The topic in your post is so advanced that I really have no hope of ever understanding it. Sigh... :cry2:

We could open a new subforum devoted to ultra-exclusive credit cards that none of will ever qualify for that ALSO hand out bottles of champagne as rewards! 🍾 

Cheers! 🍸 🎉 🎊 🤣

:rofl: 

12 hours ago, hegemony said:

saw on another site, someone got a 5 year gift of 3 bottles of bubbly. First I've heard of a 5 year gift.

:offtopic:  this question would be a PERFECT question for an advanced credit subforum instead of wasting space here!!!

Sep 19 was my 5-year CSR anniv.  Do I have something to look forward to?

btw, do people still refer to sparkling wine as "bubbly"??  My first "scan" of your post interpreted this to mean "bubble bath".

Re "O.T.":  Posting this to an "advanced credit subforum" would be the PERFECT way to ensure I didn't scan this post until a couple of weeks down the road ...

Edited by hdporter

18 hours ago, racer7949 said:

You know, you're right. The topic in your post is so advanced that I really have no hope of ever understanding it. Sigh... :cry2:

We could open a new subforum devoted to ultra-exclusive credit cards that none of will ever qualify for that ALSO hand out bottles of champagne as rewards! 🍾 

Cheers! 🍸 🎉 🎊 🤣

:rofl: 

Why do you believe people here would not be capable of qualifying for cards in that tier? 

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Sometimes it doesn't matter how many emoticons one uses, people still think you're a turd.  :D 😛 :wave: 🍆:aggressive:🐟

And then there are some turds that embellish there posts in emoticons in an attempt to mask the "unmaskable"  ...  (don't fret; anyone resembling that remark has long since departed CB ;).   We've got a "chilled and thrilled" community here as of late. )

So I actually got a Chase Sapphire reserve gift as well, although mine was not wine.  It was a set of wireless airpods from Master & Dynamic, a travel kit with some toiletries (similar to what you'd get on an intl flight in F) and a couple other small items.  The airpods retail for $200 and seem pretty nice.  

I'd have certainly preferred the bubbly, but not complaining.

1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

So I actually got a Chase Sapphire reserve gift as well, although mine was not wine.  It was a set of wireless airpods from Master & Dynamic, a travel kit with some toiletries (similar to what you'd get on an intl flight in F) and a couple other small items.  The airpods retail for $200 and seem pretty nice.  

I'd have certainly preferred the bubbly, but not complaining.

Makes me wonder if there is some targeting going on depending on where and how one typically used the account...

1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

I was searching for an appropriate "green with envy" emoji, but more legitimate pursuits intervened ...

I'd love to see some details re 5-yr anniversary date and average annual spend (alluding to comment by @centex).  In any case, I definitely am experiencing FOMO!  :beee:

Just now, hdporter said:

I was searching for an appropriate "green with envy" emoji, but more legitimate pursuits intervened ...

I'd love to see some details re 5-yr anniversary date and average annual spend (alluding to comment by @centex).  In any case, I definitely am experiencing FOMO!  :beee:

Remember the gift list scene in Scrooged?

On 11/4/2021 at 1:24 PM, hdporter said:

So I only use this card for 3x purchases, and when they were offering 5x on groceries I maxed that out every month.  I used it heavily when I was at a previous job as I was able to put all my international travel on my card, but in the last couple of years I average $1000-$1500/month spend on the card, less during peak COVID.  Since I opened it in October 2016 I have put around $115k in charges on the account in 5 years. (multiple Biz class int'l airfares at $8-$10k each add up quickly)

Card was opened in October 2016, as a conversion from CSP (I don't recall why I couldn't straight apply and get the 100k points at the time, I think I was well over 5/24 IIRC).

Edited by CTSoxFan

7 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

So I only use this card for 3x purchases, and when they were offering 5x on groceries I maxed that out every month.  I used it heavily when I was at a previous job as I was able to put all my international travel on my card, but in the last couple of years I average $1000-$1500/month spend on the card, less during peak COVID.  Since I opened it in October 2016 I have put around $115k in charges on the account in 5 years. (multiple Biz class int'l airfares at $8-$10k each add up quickly)

Well, now I've got "FRUSTRATION Of Missing Out" ;)

Mine's all personal spend (damn the Corp Amex!).  And my travel has been lighter this past couple of years.  So, only approx $75k spend over the 5 years.  (Wonder if $100k might be the hurdle ...)

Like you, all spend is 3x points ... all redemption with 50% boost.  (LOVE "Pay Yourself"!).  More recently, I've activated Lyft Pink.  15% discount on rates PLUS 10x points is a screamin' deal!  (don't expect to renew at $20/mo after expiration, but it's been great while my car was in the shop for an extended period ... part order).

• 2 weeks later...