NFCU platinum... only 1K credit limit?

eonaxes

I recently applied for the Visa Platinum, already have the MC with 30K limit and only got 1K limit.  FICOs are above 720, no negatives, < 20% revolving utility, 250K+ salary.  I had requested CLI about a year ago and got some message saying I maxed out the credit NFCU was willing to extend me.  I called and asked can they atleast shift some of my limit to balance them out and they said they do not.  Should I request a CLI on this card now or just wait?

Thanks 

5 hours ago, eonaxes said:

I recently applied for the Visa Platinum, already have the MC with 30K limit and only got 1K limit.  FICOs are above 720, no negatives, < 20% revolving utility, 250K+ salary.  I had requested CLI about a year ago and got some message saying I maxed out the credit NFCU was willing to extend me.  I called and asked can they atleast shift some of my limit to balance them out and they said they do not.  Should I request a CLI on this card now or just wait?

Thanks 

Including you, there were recently 3 people who were granted an SL of $1K from NFCU.

This is my experience... 

Navy Federal Second Card Application First Card Credit Line Increases - Credit Forum - CreditBoards

19 hours ago, eonaxes said:

Thanks 

Either they changed policies recently or you got a bad CSR, as I was able to move lines between my NFCU cards in February.  If I recall, I did have to wait until I had the new card however, so maybe try again once you receive the card?

Edited by CTSoxFan

thank you, yes at first I thought the CSR didnt know what she was talking about but I also got the same answer in secure messaging.  I will try again over the phone when I get the card.  This sucks though as I rather have been denied than waste a new card slot on a measly 1K card and the only reason I got it was to take advantage of the 0%/$0 BT offer but thats basically useless with a 1K limit.

While on the subject with NFCU is there any possibility they keep tabs on what the rest of your family does?  Through my membership a bunch of my wife and I's extended family joined and from I hear they been racking up delinquencies and probably even charge offs/collections.  I know its highly unlikely and probably illegal but in the back of my mind I wonder if that somehow plays a role in how they view me as a member because over the years it seems like I havent got any love from NFCU despite never having any negatives on my credit profile.

So I noticed more details on my internal NFCU score... the factors that were adverse to my score were: banking activity (I dont use NFCU as my main bank so barely any money passes through), direct deposit (i have no direct deposits), no retail cards (I guess this means a store card? what a pathetic reason for a ding)

On 10/27/2021 at 11:35 PM, CTSoxFan said:

Either they changed policies recently or you got a bad CSR, as I was able to move lines between my NFCU cards in February.  If I recall, I did have to wait until I had the new card however, so maybe try again once you receive the card?

Navy changed their policies this year, I believe it was the end of March.  There is NO more combining of cards or re-allocating credit limits between credit cards.  This change was primarily due to some bimbo posting tons of videos online on how to game the system at Navy, so they simply shut it all down!