Silly (i.e. no-BT-offer) credit card to wrap up my app spree

Sidewinder

(I'm not even sure what I mean to be asking here, but this seems to be a needed brain-rinsing ritual of mine.)

I was getting ready to app a BMO Harris card because I have a few residual non-0% balances on three or four cards that I wanted to consolidate into one 0% dealy.  BMO Harris was on deck for a few reasons, the primary one being that they are an Underwriter and one whom I haven't gotten in with yet (I have a bit of an obsession about notching new-to-me underwriters on my credit bedpost  (  : /  )).

Now I have an unexpected BT offer from Chase so I have no need for the silly BMO card.  Except for many weeks I'd been planning on apping it, and having that be the official end, the comedic epilogue, to this little app spree that began with my Barclay's and FNBO apps in late June.

Cards that don't offer BT's include the CapitalOne Savor, which used to be appealing to me before I found out that my Chase Freedom Flex does unlimited three points per dollar on dining, making the Savor card irrelevant.  However my only CapitalOne cards are converts from my HSBC subprime days and I notice CapitalOne has me branded as a subprime dude (APR 28% or higher) no matter what the heck else is going on, like my scores reaching the high 780's.  It makes me wonder if applying to Cap1 through the front door rather than riding in on the HSBC-train might shake off some of the stigma that Cap1 is happy to keep attaching to me.

There's also the American Express Cash Magnet; whose advantage is 1.5% unlimited cash back except I think I already have that from Quicksilver, plus better options when you bring CSP, BOA Cash Rewards, Freedom Flex,  AmEx BCE, and Discover into the rotation.  However I am proud (read: snooty) about my AmEx customerhood and my good standing with them, so there's just some simple and unthinking AmEx-o-philia in there.  Must build my Fortress Of AmEx Customerness.   (The same attaches to the AmEx Everyday card, whose existence I don't understand the reason for.   I mean what the heck is the advantage to it.  Is it AmEx's entry-level card for people who don't think they've got anything better coming their way?)

So.  Those are some silly cards; cards that - if I HAD to apply for a new card right now - I could see going for, an account of I don't need to do any BT's and those cards don't offer any.

Based on my history, I expect that over the next week or so, the itch to just-app-one-last-card will fade & yield to the awareness that there's absolutely no need to do so, but since that day hasn't arrived and I'm still pretending that adding one final, silly card is important to me, I'm inviting CB to weigh in with fake advice on which silly, non-BT card I "ought to" apply for.

As I said, #brainrinse.   : /

22 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

(I'm not even sure what I mean to be asking here, but this seems to be a needed brain-rinsing ritual of mine.)

I was getting ready to app a BMO Harris card because I have a few residual non-0% balances on three or four cards that I wanted to consolidate into one 0% dealy.  BMO Harris was on deck for a few reasons, the primary one being that they are an Underwriter and one whom I haven't gotten in with yet (I have a bit of an obsession about notching new-to-me underwriters on my credit bedpost  (  : /  )).

Now I have an unexpected BT offer from Chase so I have no need for the silly BMO card.  Except for many weeks I'd been planning on apping it, and having that be the official end, the comedic epilogue, to this little app spree that began with my Barclay's and FNBO apps in late June.

Cards that don't offer BT's include the CapitalOne Savor, which used to be appealing to me before I found out that my Chase Freedom Flex does unlimited three points per dollar on dining, making the Savor card irrelevant.  However my only CapitalOne cards are converts from my HSBC subprime days and I notice CapitalOne has me branded as a subprime dude (APR 28% or higher) no matter what the heck else is going on, like my scores reaching the high 780's.  It makes me wonder if applying to Cap1 through the front door rather than riding in on the HSBC-train might shake off some of the stigma that Cap1 is happy to keep attaching to me.

There's also the American Express Cash Magnet; whose advantage is 1.5% unlimited cash back except I think I already have that from Quicksilver, plus better options when you bring CSP, BOA Cash Rewards, Freedom Flex,  AmEx BCE, and Discover into the rotation.  However I am proud (read: snooty) about my AmEx customerhood and my good standing with them, so there's just some simple and unthinking AmEx-o-philia in there.  Must build my Fortress Of AmEx Customerness.   (The same attaches to the AmEx Everyday card, whose existence I don't understand the reason for.   I mean what the heck is the advantage to it.  Is it AmEx's entry-level card for people who don't think they've got anything better coming their way?)

So.  Those are some silly cards; cards that - if I HAD to apply for a new card right now - I could see going for, an account of I don't need to do any BT's and those cards don't offer any.

Based on my history, I expect that over the next week or so, the itch to just-app-one-last-card will fade & yield to the awareness that there's absolutely no need to do so, but since that day hasn't arrived and I'm still pretending that adding one final, silly card is important to me, I'm inviting CB to weigh in with fake advice on which silly, non-BT card I "ought to" apply for.

As I said, #brainrinse.   : /

What you need to do is start an LLC so you can get business cards. Sidewinder's Underwater Basket Weaving, perhaps? 🙂 The AmEx Blue Business Cash is nice for 2% cash back, no annual fee, and a $250 SUB.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, Sidewinder said:

which silly, non-BT card I "ought to" apply for

You should probably put together the short list of cards that meet your criterion.  Then mail each card issuer and request that they send you, preferably by return mail but by email would be acceptable, a photo of the outside and front lobby of the post office that contains the PO Box where payments are submitted.  If anyone responds, that's your card.