Varius social media platforms are malfunctioning

Facebook & Instagram are erroring all over the place, CBS Radio news on the hour reports there are problems on TikTok now as well (besides its content).  They didn't say anything about Twitter, which is mostly working for me so far but with more error messages ("Failed to load Tweet") than is normal.

Is the nation under cyber attack?

If it is, then gross.

Under attack?  No. 

Do I believe someone inside of the FB umbrella of entities screwed the pooch?  Absolutely.  Question that remains is whether it is a disgruntled former employee or whether they really got hacked given claims about some registry being wiped while other claims exist of user data for sale...

The news hasn't made further mention of problems on the non-Facebook-owned platforms, so I now believe that their glitches stemmed from significant traffic increases as the Fb/IG/WA crowd flocked to their backup addictions.

I hope the CITGO people take a lesson from this on the importance of keeping their stations stocked with PAPER credit card applications. 

On 10/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, Sidewinder said:

I hope the CITGO people take a lesson from this on the importance of keeping their stations stocked with PAPER credit card applications. 

Even if CITGO did have their card apps on paper, it's not worth the paper its printed on