Home Depot Decline

My World Mastercard was declined at Home Depot today. The cashier's screen said Network Error. Sure enough, when I called the bank they said my card was fine, and they had no record of an attempt or a decline. They further said that when they can't see it on their end, that typically means an error at the merchant level.

The thing is, I don't shop at Home Depot that often, yet the last time I had a card declined was about 15 years ago and it was... wait for it... at Home Depot!

(AMEX that time, same reason, network error, card was fine. Different city, different store.)

Is Home Depot known for having some kind of touchy POS that fails frequently? Or is it just a bizarre coincidence? 

I think a lot of processors were bogged down today...the little convenience store that I stop in at each morning took longer than usual.  That was with an AXP product, but he commented about it being slow most of the morning. 

Of course we also have crappy weather in the area, so it could even just be network cabling somewhere along the way...

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I hate going to The Home Depot (you forgot the The), because the exit door is on the wrong side of the building... because who doesn't want to park near the entrance?  

I'd rather park near the exit.  Can go in that way, and then when you're leaving with all your stuff a shorter distance to the car.