Facebook sure looks like it's getting into the debt collection business

On 9/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, hegemony said:

as of Nov. 30, 2021, debt collectors will be allowed to direct message people on social media platforms in an effort to chase down cash.

I wasn't able to find any language that said states that this program has anything to do with consumers.

Generally, eligible companies must also have invoices with corporate or government customers that have an investment-grade rating.

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I wasn't able to find any language that said states that this program has anything to do with consumers.

Generally, eligible companies must also have invoices with corporate or government customers that have an investment-grade rating.

The problem here is pretty simple; you are conflating two pieces of news. FB getting into accounts receivable arbitrage and social media platforms are conduits for collectors:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/can-a-debt-collector-contact-me-through-facebook/

17 hours ago, hegemony said:

The problem here is pretty simple; you are conflating two pieces of news. FB getting into accounts receivable arbitrage and social media platforms are conduits for collectors:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/can-a-debt-collector-contact-me-through-facebook/

The two were conflated in the original post.  I was clarifying.