Jump to content

Recommended Posts


12 hours ago, BetrCred said:

I understand that I shouldn’t get the free reports

You don't want the free online reports from annualcreditreport.com, but you can get free paper copies from them with this form - https://www.annualcreditreport.com/manualRequestForm.action.

There's also a few ways of getting free credit reports directly from the CRA.  Equifax is currently required to give you a free report every other month if you ask due to one of their data breaches.  You can also get a free report if you have been denied credit, or if any adverse action has been taken - such as being declined for a CRA.

 

And, according to this story, you can get one free credit report every week from each of the big 3 - https://www.cnbc.com/select/credit-bureaus-extend-weekly-free-credit-reports-for-one-year/

Edited by A Credit Ed
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone want to explain to me how the free monthly reports from the CRA's are superior to those available through through the annual credit report facility?  Frankly, some of the CRA's are providing dumbed down formats through either of these vehicles that are insufficient if you really want to drill down to tradeline detail such as DOFD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hdporter said:

Someone want to explain to me how the free monthly reports from the CRA's are superior to those available through through the annual credit report facility?  Frankly, some of the CRA's are providing dumbed down formats through either of these vehicles that are insufficient if you really want to drill down to tradeline detail such as DOFD.

 

Exactly, I recently received my Experian report from annualcreditreport.com..   It included a very nice color cover page, a credit score,  and a rather detailed credit report - with information that was new, or that I hadn't seen in a long while.

 

The score is completely voluntary on their part, as is the color printing. It is so much improved from the old days, when you got a drab, consumer-unfriendly-formatted report.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hdporter said:

Someone want to explain to me how the free monthly reports from the CRA's are superior to those available through through the annual credit report facility?  Frankly, some of the CRA's are providing dumbed down formats through either of these vehicles that are insufficient if you really want to drill down to tradeline detail such as DOFD.

If, I were to start a credit reporting dispute, thus far I  get wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

 

The only superior part explained to me of obtaining a CR directly from the CRA is a shorten timeframe the collection agency has to repond to the investigation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

If, I were to start a credit reporting dispute, thus far I  get wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

 

The only superior part explained to me of obtaining a CR directly from the CRA is a shorten timeframe the collection agency has to repond to the investigation. 

That post of mine is confusing. It should say I wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

All you need is a piece of paper, an envelope, and a stamp.  Put your request in writing and mail it to them.  1-2 weeks later you will have a paper copy of your credit report in the mail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A Credit Ed said:

All you need is a piece of paper, an envelope, and a stamp.  Put your request in writing and mail it to them.  1-2 weeks later you will have a paper copy of your credit report in the mail.

I will try this and let you know how I fair. Thanks for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      182,751
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    SHAKEMDOWN
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines