12 hours ago, BetrCred said:

I understand that I shouldn’t get the free reports

You don't want the free online reports from annualcreditreport.com, but you can get free paper copies from them with this form - https://www.annualcreditreport.com/manualRequestForm.action.

There's also a few ways of getting free credit reports directly from the CRA.  Equifax is currently required to give you a free report every other month if you ask due to one of their data breaches.  You can also get a free report if you have been denied credit, or if any adverse action has been taken - such as being declined for a CRA.

And, according to this story, you can get one free credit report every week from each of the big 3 - https://www.cnbc.com/select/credit-bureaus-extend-weekly-free-credit-reports-for-one-year/

Edited by A Credit Ed

Someone want to explain to me how the free monthly reports from the CRA's are superior to those available through through the annual credit report facility?  Frankly, some of the CRA's are providing dumbed down formats through either of these vehicles that are insufficient if you really want to drill down to tradeline detail such as DOFD.

7 hours ago, hdporter said:

Someone want to explain to me how the free monthly reports from the CRA's are superior to those available through through the annual credit report facility?  Frankly, some of the CRA's are providing dumbed down formats through either of these vehicles that are insufficient if you really want to drill down to tradeline detail such as DOFD.

Exactly, I recently received my Experian report from annualcreditreport.com..   It included a very nice color cover page, a credit score,  and a rather detailed credit report - with information that was new, or that I hadn't seen in a long while.

The score is completely voluntary on their part, as is the color printing. It is so much improved from the old days, when you got a drab, consumer-unfriendly-formatted report.

13 hours ago, hdporter said:

If, I were to start a credit reporting dispute, thus far I  get wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

The only superior part explained to me of obtaining a CR directly from the CRA is a shorten timeframe the collection agency has to repond to the investigation. 

6 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

If, I were to start a credit reporting dispute, thus far I  get wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

The only superior part explained to me of obtaining a CR directly from the CRA is a shorten timeframe the collection agency has to repond to the investigation. 

That post of mine is confusing. It should say I wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

9 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I wouldn't get past go in the journey because the CRA's (TU for an example) won't give me their CR but steers me to the free annualcreditreport.com. 

All you need is a piece of paper, an envelope, and a stamp.  Put your request in writing and mail it to them.  1-2 weeks later you will have a paper copy of your credit report in the mail.

10 hours ago, A Credit Ed said:

All you need is a piece of paper, an envelope, and a stamp.  Put your request in writing and mail it to them.  1-2 weeks later you will have a paper copy of your credit report in the mail.

I will try this and let you know how I fair. Thanks for this.