MCM debt validation response

I submitted a debt Validation letter to Midland credit management. There repsonse was our records are accurate and they currently are not reporting to credit report agency. And they won't contact me any further unless its respond to the dispute. They did include one copy of a bill. Nothing else.

Oh and they said I was requesting accuracy of credit reporting. 

What letter should I send next? I'm confused why they said the reason for me contacting was for that when is was debt validation 

Edited by Bobbiesue and John

On 9/7/2021 at 6:24 AM, Bobbiesue and John said:

I submitted a debt Validation letter to Midland credit management. There repsonse was our records are accurate and they currently are not reporting to credit report agency. And they won't contact me any further unless its respond to the dispute. They did include one copy of a bill. Nothing else.

What letter should I send next? I'm confused why they said the reason for me contacting was for that when is was debt validation 

1) I've requested a mod to move this to a more widely viewed forum

2) What specifically was disputed?

3) Without a specific dispute, a single statement CAN be valid documentation of the claim

4) If they are not reporting, then you are sustaining no harm at the moment.

I'm not sure what you expected their response to be.

You do know that it is settled law that a CA is not required to even send you a copy of one bill, right? All they are required to do after receiving your timely request for verification is to contact the OC to verify the amount and your ID and then communicate to you that it was verified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On 9/7/2021 at 3:24 AM, Bobbiesue and John said:

And they won't contact me any further unless its respond to the dispute.

Let's take a step back.

What are you trying to accomplish?

It sounds to me like the SOL may have expired on this debt (but please check the SOL for your state for this type of debt and confirm), and they aren't reporting to the bureaus.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, Bobbiesue and John said:

The amount they have me owing is much higher then thought. 

What about the other questions?  Yes, they are relevant.

Also, interest and fees prior to the acquisition by a third-party add up in a hurry. 

What do YOUR file copies of the statements after you quit paying show should be the amount due and owing at this juncture?  After all, even after you quit paying, you still got multiple statements for several months afterwards. 

Unless you specifically disputed HOW the figure was derived, if the statement copy they sent matches what is being sought, you really need to be hoping you don't live where they like to sue...