What consumer actions actually get CRA's attention?

DiamondEye

12 hours ago, DiamondEye said:

I did.

FWIW, hege's initial post in this thread (curt, as it may have been) wasn't a flame or derogatory in any respect.  Many years ago there was a member who used a floral delivery to get on a CRA employee's radar.  (I'm not suggesting that would beneficial in your case.)

Give @hegemony the benefit of the doubt, he has a unique perspective that may prove beneficial.

16 hours ago, hdporter said:

FWIW, hege's initial post in this thread (curt, as it may have been) wasn't a flame or derogatory in any respect.  Many years ago there was a member who used a floral delivery to get on a CRA employee's radar.  (I'm not suggesting that would beneficial in your case.)

Give @hegemony the benefit of the doubt, he has a unique perspective that may prove beneficial.

I have done so in the past, but it seems that a flippant Hegemony reply is like a tax that must be paid for putting a post here, and I'm done paying; he's on ignore.

5 hours ago, DiamondEye said:

I have done so in the past, but it seems that a flippant Hegemony reply is like a tax that must be paid for putting a post here, and I'm done paying; he's on ignore.

That's your prerogative, but I'd advise against it.  I'll grant that perusing CB shouldn't be made unpleasant for anyone, so if "ignore" is your coping strategy, I respect it.

However, I'm confident that the "flowers" post was in earnest.  Hege followed up with,

which has an embedded link to a post discussing the consequence of the "flowers" strategy.  (That post contains a link back to the original thread,

"The best $100.00" thread might be considered a direct answer to the question you posed in this thread ("What consumer ... attention?")

What you dismiss as "flippant", I'll grant was a little backhanded.  And there's no question that hege can be a provocative at times, especially with someone who he has "crossed words with" on prior occasion.  That's his style, and we're all left to love it or hate it.

For me, the bottom line is I've come to treasure much of what he offers up and, in the process, have come to accept (and even value) the messaging as part of his shtick.  (We all have a "shtick", can you tell what mine is? ;) )

Edited by hdporter

4 hours ago, hdporter said:

That's your prerogative, but I'd advise against it.  I'll grant that perusing CB shouldn't be made unpleasant for anyone, so if "ignore" is your coping strategy, I respect it.

However, I'm confident that the "flowers" post was in earnest.  Hege followed up with,

which has an embedded link to a post discussing the consequence of the "flowers" strategy.  (That post contains a link back to the original thread,

This original thread might be considered a direct answer to the question you posed in this thread ("What consumer ... attention?")

What you dismiss as "flippant", I'll grant was a little backhanded.  And there's no question that hege can be a provocative at times, especially with someone who he has "crossed words with" on prior occasion.  That's his style, and we're all left to love it or hate it.

For me, the bottom line is I've come to treasure much of what he offers up and, in the process, have come to accept (and even value) the messaging as part of his shtick.  (We all have a "shtick", can you tell what mine is? ;) )

I dunno, you come across as a pretty straight shooter :)

As to Hege, while I do value your point of view, I will choose to exercise my prerogative in this instance.

4 hours ago, DiamondEye said:

I dunno, you come across as a pretty straight shooter :)

As to Hege, while I do value your point of view, I will choose to exercise my prerogative in this instance.

I'd hope so.  (If I have a shtick, I'll suggest it's "conciliator" ;)  I have an aversion to tension of all types.)

I'm confident you've opted intelligently, but I'll encourage you to keep an open mind ... I trust you don't think I embraced hege myself initially on joining CB; I believe I had many of your same objections!  The fact that CB clearly "embraced" him gave me pause to reassess.

the OP is dealing with apparent ID theft that probably involves a lot more than CRA log ins. Simply freezing the four major CRAs is probably not enough given the particulars posted. But then the problem here is me and not the id theft :rolleyes: