Approved, <5 minutes ago, for Chase Freedom Flex

9 hours ago, ON-MY_way said:

Who did they pull? Your score range?

Ahem.

"Whom did they pull."

I believe Chase pulls EQ and EX.  According to myFICO yesterday, my scores were  EQ 751,  TU 754,  EX 776.

However, I had not yet received alerts about my large payment to AmEx; whereas this morning I did get those alerts and today my scores show as EQ 752,  TU 760,  EX 784.  That might have been the data Chase was looking at, as I don't think MYFICO updates consumer subscribers in real time. 

On 8/26/2021 at 2:37 AM, ON-MY_way said:

Ok that's really nice from Chase.    ESL says it's not a big mistake...I spelled it correctly . 
https://7esl.com/who-vs-whom/

My father used to land on me about messing up lie/lay/(has)lain/lying and lay/laid/(has)laid/laying. Thus I have avoided using either of those verbs for 40 years (I had to look them up to write this post). Who/Whom is a dead letter, I'm afraid. The one I see dying on the vine right now is less/fewer. Less is winning in all situations.

5 hours ago, racer7949 said:

My father used to land on me about messing up lie/lay/(has)lain/lying and lay/laid/(has)laid/laying. Thus I have avoided using either of those verbs for 40 years (I had to look them up to write this post). Who/Whom is a dead letter, I'm afraid. The one I see dying on the vine right now is less/fewer. Less is winning in all situations.

Yea I read through that who-vs-whom link I posted and just came the realization that I'm too old for that muscle memory change... but I'll definitely try and do my best.    
"I would like to know with whom did Chase pull?"  🙃

Edited by ON-MY_way
7 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

So uh...  when should I expect to see this new CL reporting?  Been checking myFICO daily; it's been a week now...

(I want to have the score bump in place before I go for that AAA Member Rewards Visa.)

Difficult to say.  It might not report until you have closed the cycle for the first time.  And, there were reports of Chase being slow to report on some bureaus- as a data point, their auto side has not updated with Equifax on my loan since March.  I am wondering if they will just wait and update again when I burn the note in the next month or so (more than a year early). 

Welp.  The card has arrived.

A.  I'm not convinced it's the exact same color as the promotional materials suggest it to be.

2.  It has raised numbers.  What is with that, in 2021?  My Chase Sapphire Preferred card does not have raised numbers; is Chase changing its mind about this and backtracking on it?

What does it say about things that Chase and American Express are still issuing raised-number cards while CapitalOne isn't?  : /

[The great news is:  My account number doesn't have a single "6" anywhere in it.  Chase is like 2 for 2 on this.  :) ]

5 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

<snip>.

2.  It has raised numbers.  What is with that, in 2021?  My Chase Sapphire Preferred card does not have raised numbers; is Chase changing its mind about this and backtracking on it?

What does it say about things that Chase and American Express are still issuing raised-number cards while CapitalOne isn't?  : /

<snip>

You know, vinyl records are all the rage amongst the younger set. Maybe the raised numbers are a bit of a throwback for style. 

15 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

What AXP product offers raised numbers?  All of my Amices are printed on the back, most definitely not the raised of days gone by...

12 hours ago, centex said:

What AXP product offers raised numbers?  All of my Amices are printed on the back, most definitely not the raised of days gone by...

Both my SkyMiles Platinum and Blue Cash Everyday cards have raised numbers.  Even the shiny new Blue Cash they sent me weeks ago to replace the one that expired 8/31 has raised numbers.

Which Amices do you have?

On 9/2/2021 at 1:14 PM, centex said:

Difficult to say.  It might not report until you have closed the cycle for the first time.  And, there were reports of Chase being slow to report on some bureaus- as a data point, their auto side has not updated with Equifax on my loan since March.  I am wondering if they will just wait and update again when I burn the note in the next month or so (more than a year early). 

: /

That is most unacceptable.

My tradition is to wrap up an app spree with a silly card, and in light of my upcoming trip to Boston I was going to get a Citgo card. (No Citgo stations in the Twin.)  Naturally I'm not letting a ridiculous Citgo inquiry onto my report before submitting my AAA Visa app.

If the new Chase account doesn't appear in the next few days, I shall have to...  >>>gasp<<< travel to Boston without a Citgo card.

(Meh.)

Nice limit Sidey!

Hey, use a search engine outside of the CB site and look up "force mid cycle reporting" and you'll find some older gimmicks that might just work for you.

I remember a few of the apaches around here would go hard on a spree and follow up with the mid-cycle reporting gimmick.  I never tried it because I was usually happy with a spree as it stood.

Search return from CB:  "I called last month and it took 30 seconds on the phone. Took another 30 hours to see it on reports. I told them I needed the score bump for a mortgage app. Used the number on the back of card."

GL!

Edited by ubercat
On 9/10/2021 at 3:33 PM, ubercat said:

Nice limit Sidey!

Hey, use a search engine outside of the CB site and look up "force mid cycle reporting" and you'll find some older gimmicks that might just work for you.

I remember a few of the apaches around here would go hard on a spree and follow up with the mid-cycle reporting gimmick.  I never tried it because I was usually happy with a spree as it stood.

Search return from CB:  "I called last month and it took 30 seconds on the phone. Took another 30 hours to see it on reports. I told them I needed the score bump for a mortgage app. Used the number on the back of card."

GL!

Wait a minute... a score bump from a *new* account... for a mortgage app???

I thought you're not supposed to do any apping within six months of a mortgage app  : /

On 9/10/2021 at 1:44 PM, Sidewinder said:

The account has still.

Not.

Reported.

It has been 22 days since I opened it.  This is most frustrating.

I leave for Boston on the 22nd, so get cracking already.

It likely WILL

NOT

until the statement cycle has closed. 

16 hours ago, centex said:

It likely WILL

NOT

until the statement cycle has closed. 

A) See, I have already voiced my preference that it report sooner rather than later (or now).

2) Both my Barclay's Aviator Red and FNBO Rewards cards reported less than two weeks after they were opened.

Anyway, even if I >>did<< app the ridiculous CITGO card like, right now, I severely doubt it would arrive in or before Tuesday's mail; so there will be no CITGO card for my Boston-type trip.

However, I might be back in Boston during the holidays, so there's that.

17 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

A) See, I have already voiced my preference that it report sooner rather than later (or now).

2) Both my Barclay's Aviator Red and FNBO Rewards cards reported less than two weeks after they were opened.

Anyway, even if I >>did<< app the ridiculous CITGO card like, right now, I severely doubt it would arrive in or before Tuesday's mail; so there will be no CITGO card for my Boston-type trip.

However, I might be back in Boston during the holidays, so there's that.

1) doesn't matter what a consumer preference might be

2) Last I checked, neither Barclays nor FBNO issued the card in question.  What they do is as relevant as blue or gruel. 

3) You aren't missing anything by not having a gas card you won't be able to use near your home...not like the days where they co-flagged with a national convenience store chain.

And now, see, with regard to my upcoming app for AAA Member Rewards Visa...

I got an email last night from BofA saying they're raising the CL on my Platinum Plus Visa to $16,700 (basically restoring the $5K they thefted to approve my Cash Rewards MC early last year).  So now I have to wait for that new limit to report as well...

...or, do I?  I mean it's BofA who issues the AAA Visa in the first place; they don't need a CRA to tell them what their own credit decision was (...er, do they?  : /  )

Or... is it the case that FICO score is a standalone component of their decisionning (how could it not be), beside their own internal review of my existing BofA accounts, making it amusingly necessary to wait for BofA themselves to report my new limit so that they're looking at a higher score, period, regardless of its provenance & underpinnings.

If that's how it is — I bet that's how it is — I find it kind of silly.

Edited by Sidewinder