Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery?

Elorram

The last post in this topic was posted 1033 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

What does this mean? I sent a debt validation letter to CCS Collections via priority mail with delivery confirmation (no signature required). For two days USPS tried to deliver it and online it said “Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available).” Finally, on the third day it said via the tracking info: “Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery.”  It looks like they are dodging it? I mean, no one is available during business hours to receive it? That’s weird…Did it get delivered or not? Who is this agent? Should I send it again?

Some tracked mail delivered to a business will see the business closed at the time of delivery.  A notice is left.  The office sends someone to the Post Office to pick it up.  That is often shown as a delivery to an agent.  

Tracking is really only relevant if you truly plan to litigate.  Otherwise, it is more for your internal tracking use... 

They have not responded to my letter yet, it was received on 8/11/21. How long should I wait to do my next move? I guess I will dispute with the CRAs now (haven't yet). Also, I will get a lawyer if I have to. This needs to come off my credit report, thanks.

4 hours ago, Elorram said:

They have not responded to my letter yet, it was received on 8/11/21. How long should I wait to do my next move? I guess I will dispute with the CRAs now (haven't yet). Also, I will get a lawyer if I have to. This needs to come off my credit report, thanks.

You need to understand that MANY businesses, just like law offices, don't reply to letters the same day they are received.  Even in MY line of work, I may go two weeks before a reply is generated to some received mail...and those are from paying clients. 

You say it was signed for on the 11th.  Today is the 18th.  A weekend fell in the middle.  And chances are good nobody even LOOKED at the letter until the 12th.   

You SERIOUSLY need to learn to exercise a modicum of patience. 

14 hours ago, Elorram said:

It's been less than a week. Debt collectors are under no obligation to respond to your correspondence.

5 hours ago, Elorram said:

Then why are we doing any of this? I have no other steps to take?

What exactly did you expect to happen in a few days? 

As noted previously, you NEED to exercise patience. 

Sometimes you WILL find yourself just having to live with the residue of life decisions.  You haven't mentioned WHAT the debt was or even how old it might be.  For that matter, you have not even said what State you are in, a critical factor given that some States have statutes that offer greater options and obligations than exist under federal law. 

No need to be condescending. You have no idea about my life or decisions. Something like after 30 days do x, y, z. Or, yes, disputing with the credit bureaus would be a good next step. I understand that I didn't give a lot of info. This does not warrant a crappy tone. Maybe just ask without the drama? If you resent newbies wasting your time, move on. As I will do from this thread. 🙄

Edited by Elorram

4 hours ago, Elorram said:

No need to be condescending. You have no idea about my life or decisions. Something like after 30 days do x, y, z. Or, yes, disputing with the credit bureaus would be a good next step. I understand that I didn't give a lot of info. This does not warrant a crappy tone. Maybe just ask without the drama? If you resent newbies wasting your time, move on. As I will do from this thread. 🙄

There was nothing 'condescending' there.  You still haven't answered relevant questions either.  Without information, other guidance cannot be offered by ANYONE. 

You registered almost a year ago...you've been around for ten months and a few days.  You aren't some drive-up.  Yet it sounds like you are working on misguided views of what needs to be done and what expectations are reasonable. 

On any forum, tone is hard to convey and often even harder to infer.  None of us regulars are here to antagonize people (that's what co-workers and spouses are for!).  :) 

On 8/18/2021 at 3:21 AM, Elorram said:

This needs to come off my credit report, thanks.

There isn't a defined process that removes items from your credit report just because you don't want them there.  I can't tell for sure if that's your expectation.  

Tell us more about the trade line that's causing a problem for more targeted responses.

It would also be helpful if you tell us where you are getting your credit information to make sure you're starting from a valid reference point.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:39 AM, Elorram said:

While we have no idea of your particular circumstances, I can assure you we have seen some variation of it. Many, actually most of us, originally turned up here with a level of stink on our credit reports AND all the life happened excuses to go along with it.

We don't want or need your address or SS#. However we need to know who the creditor is, who the collector may be, etc. There is no one size fits all with this stuff. Hell even the state you live in can have a impact on the tactics used to clean up a report.

The last post in this topic was posted 1033 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.