Should I app now with Amex and Chase?

@hdporter  @maverick9

A Classic Sedaris Piece: "Big Boy"  

There, in the toilet, was the absolute biggest piece of work I have ever seen.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a129/sedaris-big-boy-1199/ 

One of my all-time favorites. 

Not sure if it was in the same book, but the same author recounts another story about brown bath towels that will cause you to lose your mud.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amex APPROVED!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

After 15 months, I finally got my scores into the 700's:   Experian 735  Equifax 733  Transunion 725   I settled for the less than the full amount a few years ago with Am

Thanks for the very encouraging words @cv91915. I'm going to call again today to see if I can still make it happen.   If it doesn't work, I'll wait 6 months and reapp. 

5 hours ago, maverick9 said:

"Exceptional Credit History Length". So I guess this is good?

This is very, very good.

My scores have been strong for several years, but ever since I added myself to my mom's 1992 Chase card my scores have been a lot more stable (less sensitive to the number of cards reporting balances, and less sensitive to utilization changes).

I had multiple Amex cards with 1995 open dates, but since the addition of the '92 card I don't think my FICO 8s have spent much, if any time, under 825.

I don't recall my before/after AAoA, or exactly when my '92 card became my oldest.  I regret not noting that at the time.

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

@hdporter  @maverick9

A Classic Sedaris Piece: "Big Boy"  

There, in the toilet, was the absolute biggest piece of work I have ever seen.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a129/sedaris-big-boy-1199/ 

One of my all-time favorites. 

Not sure if it was in the same book, but the same author recounts another story about brown bath towels that will cause you to lose your mud.

Long-time DS fans in this household ( ... Amy's pretty riotous in her own right, too)

Posted (edited)

So CB family. I'd like to grow my limits. Here are the CC's I currently have from oldest to newest. 

1. Discover (opened 5/20) - $1,500 - A few months ago they CLI'ed me and unsecured the card. I went in for a recon but denied. 
  2. Capital One (opened 6/20) - $600 - A few months ago they CLI'ed me and unsecured the card. I went in for a recon but denied. 
  3. Navy Federal (opened 7/20) - $4,500 - A few months ago they CLI'ed me. I went in for a recon but denied. 
  4. Amex (opened 7/21) - $9,500

I'm assuming it's just time that will help grow my limits? What else can I do to increase the limits? 

Also, are these all considered tier 1/good cards/lenders (I know Amex is)? 

Edited by maverick9
7 hours ago, maverick9 said:

So CB family. I'd like to grow my limits. Here are the CC's I currently have from oldest to newest. 

1. Discover (opened 5/20) - $1,500 - A few months ago they CLI'ed me and unsecured the card. I went in for a recon but denied. 
  2. Capital One (opened 6/20) - $600 - A few months ago they CLI'ed me and unsecured the card. I went in for a recon but denied. 
  3. Navy Federal (opened 7/20) - $4,500 - A few months ago they CLI'ed me. I went in for a recon but denied. 
  4. Amex (opened 7/21) - $9,500

I'm assuming it's just time that will help grow my limits? What else can I do to increase the limits? 

Also, are these all considered tier 1/good cards/lenders (I know Amex is)? 

Capital One normally is every six months.

Discovery has been unpredictable.  A few years ago many people were getting CLIs every time they asked.  I gave up after a bunch of successes were followed by a bunch of requests for POI (several of which were also successful, not including the time their analyst couldn't figure out what to do with my paystub because it had a large bonus on it).

Amex is famous for 3x at 91 days from opening, then I'd put them in a 6-month rotation.

NF is probably your most promising.  Not sure of the recommended interval.

Amex allows cardholders to combine limits, so you could open up another Amex revolver, grow it for a year, and then move the limit from one card to the other and close the donor card.  

Edited by cv91915
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Capital One normally is every six months.

Discovery has been unpredictable.  A few years ago many people were getting CLIs every time they asked.  I gave up after a bunch of successes were followed by a bunch of requests for POI (several of which were also successful, not including the time their analyst couldn't figure out what to do with my paystub because it had a large bonus on it).

Amex is famous for 3x at 91 days from opening, then I'd put them in a 6-month rotation.

NF is probably your most promising.  Not sure of the recommended interval.

Amex allows cardholders to combine limits, so you could open up another Amex revolver, grow it for a year, and then move the limit from one card to the other and close the donor card.  

NF I was most disappointed with. I had a 3k limit and they only bumped me to 4500 after 1 year of perfect payment history and submitting my tax returns of 2 years that very healthy incomes. I almost max out the card every month and pay it $5 right on the closing date. I couldn't believe it. I'm seeing people on social media accounts post 25k limits that have 100 point credit scores less than mine. To top it off, I went all out with Navy. I got CD's, IRA's, money market accounts, direct deposit, and a pledge loan. Nothing late and every account full. I was stunned that after all of that, only a $1,500 CLI?! Really?!!!!!

So I'm clear, Amex will increase my limit by 3x the amount of the initial limit?!

Thanks @cv91915!!

Edited by maverick9
5 hours ago, maverick9 said:

NF I was most disappointed with. I had a 3k limit and they only bumped me to 4500 after 1 year of perfect payment history and submitting my tax returns of 2 years that very healthy incomes. I almost max out the card every month and pay it $5 right on the closing date. I couldn't believe it. I'm seeing people on social media accounts post 25k limits that have 100 point credit scores less than mine. To top it off, I went all out with Navy. I got CD's, IRA's, money market accounts, direct deposit, and a pledge loan. Nothing late and every account full. I was stunned that after all of that, only a $1,500 CLI?! Really?!!!!!

So I'm clear, Amex will increase my limit by 3x the amount of the initial limit?!

Thanks @cv91915!!

Focus on the long term.... but remember that along the way there will be more disappointments.  That never stops.  :) 😐:(   

With perfect credit, I'd given up on Barclays after they slammed the CLI door in my face multiple times or multiple years, but they finally bumped me from $50k to $75k just a couple of months ago.

As for Amex, we just had a very odd year with credit (all things, really) so there haven't been recent reports, but previously Amex would give 3X CLIs after 91 days from account opening - like clockwork.  And of course, there were exceptions to that too.  Try it, though and report back.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, cv91915 said:

Focus on the long term.... but remember that along the way there will be more disappointments.  That never stops.  :) 😐:(   

With perfect credit, I'd given up on Barclays after they slammed the CLI door in my face multiple times or multiple years, but they finally bumped me from $50k to $75k just a couple of months ago.

As for Amex, we just had a very odd year with credit (all things, really) so there haven't been recent reports, but previously Amex would give 3X CLIs after 91 days from account opening - like clockwork.  And of course, there were exceptions to that too.  Try it, though and report back.

Thanks my friend. Will do.