Just saw a medical collections appear on EQ; other bureaus sure to follow soon. What to do next?

Because my wife and I are looking to get a mortgage and move soon, I’ve been monitoring our credit like a hawk for a few months now. Just this morning, seeing that our EQ VantageScore suddenly dropped 120 points, I did further and saw that there was an item in collections—a $200 balance from Receivables Management Services, on behalf of Patient First. So far, it’s only on the one bureau’s report, but I’m sure the other two are to follow.

in short, what’s the best approach now? I haven’t done anything yet. While I’m considering a credit repair company, the sense I get here is that I should NOT let them mess with it. I just want it OFF my report, period (if possible). I’ll gladly pay the stupid debt (it’s a small amount, and honestly, I wasn’t aware of it, but it’s very likely a genuine debt I lost track of). As you can imagine, the notion of this stupid debt killing our house search after five years of looking is NOT acceptable to me.

Still somewhat livid over this, and happy to take any advice. Thanks.

This occurred because you hadn't opted out prior to applying for a mortgage. The data miners sell your data to scam scum CAs who love to poison accounts of people who are applying for a mortgage.

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

send any CRA where this or ANY medical account is showing up this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

from the program;

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Hopefully that will get it deleted. If not come back to this post for further instructions

Thanks so much. After making that post yesterday, my wife got an alert of a similar, small-dollar medical time in collections on HER report as well.

I continued reading your guide some more, and we both did indeed opt out. (Too bad I hadn't seen that a week or two ago!

I was ALMOST going to try other methods, but made myself stop until I saw your response, and I'm glad I did. I shall now proceed to follow your steps to the letter, for both of our medical collections items. Fingers crossed, we'll have some deletions soon. Thanks again!