I believe from my past experience (several years ago) that Equifax overseas CSR's were receptive to a request to speak to a US-based customer service rep.  I would hope that is still the case.

I recommend at least a cursory attempt to work with the overseas CSR.  If you run into frustration, try to be as polite and diplomatic as possible in saying that you're having modest difficulty with the communication and, if possible, would like to be transferred.  Express appreciation for their time and effort and I would hope they would help expedite the transfer.

Generally speaking, my most frustrating experiences are with overseas CSR's, but they also tend to be the most polite and conscientious.  A recent anecdote:  A couple of weeks ago, I received a new Dell XPS laptop that shipped without the purchased antivirus protection.  Desptie my being very clear about the source of the problem (the subscription was on my invoice but not the shipping manifest), the Indian woman I spoke with insisted on spending 25 minutes looking for it on my machine and then trying to confirm a subscription with McAfee.  Only then did she relent and give me a direct phone number for McAfee support who, within 5 minutes, looked up my Dell invoice and activated the subscription on their system.

Guess I should have followed my own advice above ...  (My frustration was boiling over during the initial call and I would have sworn I had been on the phone for an hour +, excluding the initial hold time!)

I have spent hours with the CSRs from overseas and it I am still unable to login to dispute information. Everytime I ask for a supervisor one is not made available saying they are always busy. 

I have asked to be transferred to a US base CSR and they refuse to do it telling me they are US based and by their accents and everyone in the background I can tell it's false.

I am sure they have to be breaking some law as they are providing information about me and not allowing me to review information and I can see some of its false

Back in the days of dealing with the residual damage of a quarter-million dollars of identity theft, I managed to get attached to one of their legal people.  Since CSC was who handled Texas EQ files at the time, it meant having someone in my State who actually spoke English AND knew a little law.   The key is having legitimate issues and knowing how to properly document it in writing...

5 hours ago, CTAmigo said:

I have asked to be transferred to a US base CSR and they refuse to do it telling me they are US based and by their accents and everyone in the background I can tell it's false.

Ask them what is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.  If they can't answer correctly, call them on their lie, saying, "Every red blooded American knows the answer to that."

< Originally intended to phrase that "red-necked", but thought better of it ... >

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, CTAmigo said:

I have spent hours with the CSRs from overseas and it I am still unable to login to dispute information. Everytime I ask for a supervisor one is not made available saying they are always busy. 

As for not being able to log in, I just attempted to re-set the password on Equifax and they DEMANDED to send me a text message.   My cel DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY TEXT MESSAGES and this is how I'm keeping it.   Most companies of this size have enough consideration to give you a choice between either a voice message or a text or an email.    I can see that it will be impossible to log in even if it's to start a credit freeze.    You have to visit all three credit bureaus and freeze your credit on all of them.   One credit bureau will contact the others for a fraud alert but not for a credit freeze.   I think people have the right to have both a fraud alert and a credit freeze.  

text mandatory.png

Edited by findingthisout
screen shot upload