She is alive and making a full recovery.

Late last night, I was sound a sleep in bed. She was next to me reading a book on her tablet. Some jackass, in another building, on the other side of a large pond that is in the center of the community, starts firing a gun in a random direction.

Bullet came through the wall, entered her through her back, and exited just above her breast, hit her tablet and richochet off. The tablet saved me from getting hit in the head or neck.

By the grace of God, nothing vital was hit. Small shoulder blade fracture, and a few ribs fractured. She will make a full recovery, and is expected to be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Police have some leads, and arrest warrants have been issued.

Neighbor below us, took a few incoming rounds, but they were not harmed. They just moved in less than two weeks ago.

In other news, I removed the bloody sheets and pillows, and put on the spare set, and yes we are moving soon.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got to take her home a few hours ago. She's resting comfortably in her recliner. 

We get the keys to the new place Monday.

Damn!  Glad to hear nothing vital was hit...that makes the recovery a little bit easier, although still with the traumatic damage to the psyche.    One of our clients had a through and throu

Good Lord! Mrs. Vig really saved by grace! You must deal with these issues quickly. You can't live around these savage cowboys and act fast! 

Damn!  Glad to hear nothing vital was hit...that makes the recovery a little bit easier, although still with the traumatic damage to the psyche. 

One of our clients had a through and through when he was shot with his own gun by an officer removing it from client's waistband...apparently, officer pulled the trigger.  In through the abdomen area and out below the hit.  Other than the scar, client has no ill-effects a few years afterwards...

When they arrest the SOB, make sure you enter victim impact statements to the court. 

Oh, and look at your State's Crime Victim Compensation Fund for anything that may be available to cover unreimbursed expenses like the tablet, bedding and even deductibles.

On the medical insurance front we are blessed. We have zero deductible medical insurance. All will be covered except a $100 emergency room copay. 

I am a little worried about her short and long term psychological well being. We’ll take it one day at a time and deal with it accordingly. 

I’m patiently allowing the police and judicial people to do their thing. 

6 hours ago, A Credit Ed said:

Holy crap!  I read the subject line and thought I was in for a great tale from The Vig about his wife's Covid shot.  Glad she and you will both be OK.

LOL. Unfortunately this tale isn't story time with Uncle Vig at the public library.

Posted (edited)

Yeah when I read the subject line I thought this was going to be a spoof of "Mr. Bigshot."  : /

I am stunned that this actually happened to you two and so gladdened by her positive prognosis.

I hope they find the *Admin and our Terms of Service prohibit profanity* and give it to him good.

Edited by Sidewinder

A quick update. She keeps getting better each day. Big issue is at night, when lights go out. Gets a little scared. Understandable. 

She went back to work yesterday. She said she was only going to do half days for awhile. However that went right out the window. Worked almost 12 hours yesterday. Ended up doing 9 hours today. It’s her choice to work how long she wants. 

Sunday when I left for a business trip, I kinda figured she was gonna do more than half days. 

On 7/5/2021 at 6:20 AM, TheVig said:

On the medical insurance front we are blessed. We have zero deductible medical insurance. All will be covered except a $100 emergency room copay. 

I am a little worried about her short and long term psychological well being. We’ll take it one day at a time and deal with it accordingly. 

I’m patiently allowing the police and judicial people to do their thing. 

Any leads on who the shooter is?