Credit Monitoring Sites Recommendations?

The Livid One

Its been a while since Ive been here and posted. I guess I was enjoying the fruits of my labor. At this point though I find myself in need of some monitoring site recommendations.

I used Myfico with a discount code years ago. Im not sure what's new or if there's a better option but all input is appreciated. Basically need to check my balances and pay every account off.

If what you're after is a monitoring tool for your monthly bills, then I would recommend Mint.  It will report balances and payments due (revising status to paid once he creditor reports your payment).

If there's something more you're looking for, I suggest you reply at greater length with the specifics of what you ideally desire.  There's pretty much a tool for every need these days.

www.annualcreditreport.com is providing free reports every week through April of 2022.

I don't think you meant this literally:

13 hours ago, The Livid One said:

need to check my balances

because you can just log into each account directly to see the balance, and the balances on your credit reports will be days or weeks old.

12 hours ago, cv91915 said:

www.annualcreditreport.com is providing free reports every week through April of 2022.

I don't think you meant this literally:

because you can just log into each account directly to see the balance, and the balances on your credit reports will be days or weeks old.

I was under the impression that the free reports ended on April of 2021.

I have too many accounts to log into each one and check them that way.

I find it’s just easier to check the service and sort by balance like I used to do in the past.

Equifax used to have one with a discount code. I’ll have to check again.

4 hours ago, The Livid One said:

I find it’s just easier to check the service and sort by balance like I used to do in the past.

If you want to monitor your credit card balances, referring to credit bureau reports is an inefficient means.  As cv notes, reported balances are frequently 2-6 weeks old and don't update when you post payments to the account.

It sounds like an account aggregator would better serve your needs.  I recommend you check out Mint (which pulls fresh balances every time you request an update and will also track upcoming payments that are due.).

4 hours ago, hdporter said:

If you want to monitor your credit card balances, referring to credit bureau reports is an inefficient means.  As cv notes, reported balances are frequently 2-6 weeks old and don't update when you post payments to the account.

It sounds like an account aggregator would better serve your needs.  I recommend you check out Mint (which pulls fresh balances every time you request an update and will also track upcoming payments that are due.).

Thanks, I read your earlier post regarding Mint and while I’m sure it’s a good site for it’s intended purposes I just want something that shows all of my balances. I plan on paying them off in full one by one so the updates and reporting of them isn’t really a concern.

Mint I felt was cumbersome to add over twenty accounts.

I just need a monitoring service for viewing my balances and nothing more.

Over 20 accounts says you would do well to create your own spreadsheet so that you keep a better grasp month over month.  I've pared some accounts, so I only have 30 that I check at least once monthly.  It is NOT that big of a task...it just isn't.  Additionally, it serves as a check that there has been no fraudulent activities on accounts that might not have been used by me in a while...and it also serves as a quick reminder to use some otherwise unused accounts so that lines hopefully don't get chopped for inactivity.

A credit monitoring service is NOT what you want for your needs...it is stale information and if you are relying on when something updates, you are just begging for late fees. 

Edited by centex

4 hours ago, centex said:

Over 20 accounts says you would do well to create your own spreadsheet so that you keep a better grasp month over month.  I've pared some accounts, so I only have 30 that I check at least once monthly.  It is NOT that big of a task...it just isn't.  Additionally, it serves as a check that there has been no fraudulent activities on accounts that might not have been used by me in a while...and it also serves as a quick reminder to use some otherwise unused accounts so that lines hopefully don't get chopped for inactivity.

A credit monitoring service is NOT what you want for your needs...it is stale information and if you are relying on when something updates, you are just begging for late fees. 

I get where everyone’s coming from, and I appreciate the input.

I’m sure I didn’t get my point across about what properly  fits my needs.

I’m  not concerned about updates or fraudulent activities (that’s on them anyway) 

I just want to list my accounts from smallest to highest and pick them off one by one.

I don’t really need to “monitor” my accounts so you speak, I just want a list of them.

I’ll just grab a report from all three and go from there.

it used to be nice to play with the filter and sort the balances from lowest to highest or age or whatever else they offered.

I just want to say again that I do appreciate everyone’s input and that it’s refreshing to be back here after a long absence.

Namaste..!!

5 hours ago, The Livid One said:

Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to do.  

What value is there in seeing what the balances were on your accounts the last time they reported (which could be two or more billing cycles ago).

Why don't you just set everything up on auto-pay?

Or switch to paper statements and discard the statements as the bills are paid?

Or use an account aggregator as suggested.  This would get you CURRENT balances whenever you want them.  

FWIW, I manage more than 40 accounts (mine, my spouse's, my parents'), and while I haven't timed myself, I can't believe that it would take longer than 5-10 minutes to log into every single account and write down every balance.

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

What value is there in seeing what the balances were on your accounts the last time they reported (which could be two or more billing cycles ago).

Or use an account aggregator as suggested.  This would get you CURRENT balances whenever you want them.  

FWIW, I manage more than 40 accounts (mine, my spouse's, my parents'), and while I haven't timed myself, I can't believe that it would take longer than 5-10 minutes to log into every single account and write down every 

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

FWIW, I manage more than 40 accounts (mine, my spouse's, my parents'), and while I haven't timed myself, I can't believe that it would take longer than 5-10 minutes to log into every single account and write down every 

I just need a listing of all of my accounts with balances, nothing more.

I can pull any report and find that, I’ve done it it the past with a monitoring service and it was a simple thing to utilize the filter and list the balances from low to high.

Have I been gone so long that nobody uses monitoring services anymore?

Lol

I get where everyone’s coming from, and I appreciate the input.

I’m sure I didn’t get my point across about what properly  fits my needs.

I’m  not concerned about updates or fraudulent activities (that’s on them anyway) 

I just want to list my accounts from smallest to highest and pick them off one by one.

I don’t really need to “monitor” my accounts so you speak, I just want a list of them.

I’ll just grab a report from all three and go from there.

it used to be nice to play with the filter and sort the balances from lowest to highest or age or whatever else they offered.

I just want to say again that I do appreciate everyone’s input and that it’s refreshing to be back here after a long absence.

Namaste..!!

Its all fine and dandy to claim fraud losses "are on them anyway" UNTIL you are the one dealing with cleaning up the mess.  It took a while to clean up a quarter-million in losses and in doing so, I lost out on certain purchase opportunities.  I doubt things have changed much in that regard across the past 17'ish years.

If you are trying to snowball, then you are going to be best served by creating a spreadsheet so that you can ALSO make relevant notes.

4 hours ago, centex said:

Its all fine and dandy to claim fraud losses "are on them anyway" UNTIL you are the one dealing with cleaning up the mess.  It took a while to clean up a quarter-million in losses and in doing so, I lost out on certain purchase opportunities.  I doubt things have changed much in that regard across the past 17'ish years.

If you are trying to snowball, then you are going to be best served by creating a spreadsheet so that you can ALSO make relevant notes.

I knew that It would sound like I’m trivializing being a victim of fraudulent activity but that wasn’t my intention and I know how serious an issue it is.

That it’s anything but trivial.

18 hours ago, The Livid One said:

I just need a listing of all of my accounts with balances, nothing more.

I can pull any report and find that, I’ve done it it the past with a monitoring service and it was a simple thing to utilize the filter and list the balances from low to high.

Have I been gone so long that nobody uses monitoring services anymore?

Lol

What you are describing isn't credit monitoring.  I'm not even sure what to call it.  

Credit monitoring alerts you to certain types of activity on your credit report(s).  Last time I applied for a CLI I received six emails from six different monitoring services (Amex, WalletHub, Kredit Carma, to name a few) to alert me to the inquiry.

If you are looking for a place that will tell you what your credit card balances used to be, which is what you're asking, perhaps this list from Kredit Carma is what you're seeking.  

If I wanted a list of obsolete account balances, sorted by outdated balance, that is where I'd go. 

JplZ8dv.png

Note that my Barclays balance isn't $12,196, it's currently 

CxtbGzW.png 

... and my statement just closed 8 days ago.

And that first Bank of America card... balance is $1,773, right?  No.  No, it's not.  

And so it goes, down the entire list.