NEW CARD!!!! (WILLIAMS SONOMA)

hegemony

https://www.pymnts.com/news/retail/2021/williams-sonoma-taps-capital-one-to-be-issuing-partner-for-new-credit-cards/

crap1 one to be issuer (sorry myfuko no more SCT for these brands!!!)

The news comes as Synchrony Financial and American Express Co. are among banks seeking Amazon’s credit card business, which J.P. Morgan Chase currently handles. Amazon and J.P. Morgan rolled out their inaugural co-branded Visa credit card in 2002, and the portfolio is estimated to have $15 billion in loans, according to a published report.

Wow, I totally thought Synchrony did the Amazon store card.

Also the one time I bought something online from W-S, I got the SCT pop-up for the Visa card, not the store card.  Eddie Bauer, J Crew, Express, Pottery Barn, Wayfair,  y Overstock all offered me the store card.

So now y'all know that about me.  *highfive*

9 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

Wow, I totally thought Synchrony did the Amazon store card.

Also the one time I bought something online from W-S, I got the SCT pop-up for the Visa card, not the store card.  Eddie Bauer, J Crew, Express, Pottery Barn, Wayfair,  y Overstock all offered me the store card.

So now y'all know that about me.  *highfive*

Synchrony does do the Amazon store card.  Chase has the cobranded Visa.

• 2 months later...

I wanted this card before it transitioned, but Community does not like me. They always fin some new denial reason (Sagestream frozen, inquires, new accounts, etc). It looks even better after the Cap1 rebrand. I'm not really willing to take 3 His for it right now. Has anyone applied? I am wondering if this is like some of their other store cards that may just pull one HP on TU.

10 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

I wanted this card before it transitioned, but Community does not like me. They always fin some new denial reason (Sagestream frozen, inquires, new accounts, etc). It looks even better after the Cap1 rebrand. I'm not really willing to take 3 His for it right now. Has anyone applied? I am wondering if this is like some of their other store cards that may just pull one HP on TU.

I’m sure it’s gonna be a double or triple puller. I got the Visa Signature version when Comenity took it over from Barclays. My $23k limit is still intact after the Cap1 takeover. 

I don’t use it much except for the free shipping perk, regardless of how little or how much I spend. When shopping in-store, I typically use another card that earns me CB or points. 

So why do you want the Williams Sonoma card?