?? about adding children to my Amex for increasing their Credit age Possible?????

Seems that I heard a while back that I heard that it may be possible to add my kid to my AMEX with 10+ year history perfect payment history and have her credit report reap the benefit of my good payment history and age?.

I called Amex they took her name, SS #, and  assigned her a $200.00 limit. Evidently, she will get here own card with her name on it.

Will AMEX start reporting my 10+ yr payment history to her credit report? Or will this report as a new account with 1 month history.

On 6/8/2021 at 3:53 PM, cv91915 said:

First of all, :wave: good to see you again.

Unfortunately, Amex AUs get reported as new accounts.  

We usually recommend Visa or MasterCard AUs for this reason.  

Are there some that are better candidates than others? I have several Visa & MC's. However, I don't want to ravage her credit having a bunch of cards reporting as new and defeating the purpose.

4 hours ago, mechanicworkman said:

Are there some that are better candidates than others? I have several Visa & MC's. However, I don't want to ravage her credit having a bunch of cards reporting as new and defeating the purpose.

No specific cards to recommend, although I will say that it's probably more about the issuing bank ("Chase") than the payment network ("Visa"), so I would just try to stick with common cards/those from the largest issuers, vs. say, Joe's Kredit Younyun & Feed Store's Rewards-Free Mastercard.