New Collection Not Yet on Credit

So I got a letter from Southwest Credit (they handle NTTA's past due tolls) in the amount of $17.00. Has not hit my credit yet. The tolls have to be around five years old. So my question, do I get a 30-day grace period to validate and/or pay the bill without it hitting my credit? I am not going to seek out new credit within the next two years and I am wondering if I should just let it hit and ride it for two years because I don't want to pay and it's on my credit for seven years. 

5 hours ago, centex said:

SEVENTEEN BUCKS?  Is it really worth risking your vehicle registration renewal?  And of the $17.00, half is probably late fees.  Pay it and be done with it...

Money isn't the problem. My question is if I pay it is it still going to hit my report as a collection? If so, will it stay on there for seven years. I couldn't care less about $17. I am worried about this being on my CR for seven years. 

4 hours ago, OkieGuy said:

Money isn't the problem. My question is if I pay it is it still going to hit my report as a collection? If so, will it stay on there for seven years. I couldn't care less about $17. I am worried about this being on my CR for seven years. 

MOST issues, timely tended to, do not appear on a report.  But would you really rather risk not being able to renew your registration? 

My guess is that NTTA is like TxTag and HCTRA in that you can still go online and pay through the primary...and thus endeth the matter.

3 hours ago, centex said:

MOST issues, timely tended to, do not appear on a report.  But would you really rather risk not being able to renew your registration? 

3 hours ago, centex said:

My guess is that NTTA is like TxTag and HCTRA in that you can still go online and pay through the primary...and thus endeth the matter.

I live in OK so they will not be able to block my registration and for the second question, no NTTA refers you to the collection agency 

5 hours ago, OkieGuy said:

I live in OK so they will not be able to block my registration and for the second question, no NTTA refers you to the collection agency 

Oh good...another vehicle for auction.

Yeah, if reciprocity doesn't get you, then the impound will since the block WILL be viewable to Texas officers.  And you won't like the impound fees that exist in that part of the State. 

You seem not to want to clear the matter, so good luck.  I've never seen people so reluctant to pay a simple fee. 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:30 AM, OkieGuy said:

If the $17 isn't paid, there's a 100% chance it will go on the credit report for 7 years.  If you do pay it, there's a less than 100% chance it will go on the credit report.  And I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing that if it's paid and goes on the report it will be much easier to get off the report than if it goes on the report before you pay it.