Being new to the credit game with 1 credit card just under 6 months old and nothing else  how did I get an experian fico 8 of 749 as shown on creditscorecard.com ?? . I have spent the last 5+months reading what I could in my spare time. I was under the impression fico 8 scores would normaly be much lower than vantagescore 3.0 (706).

I just dont get it. Seems to me they would start you out somewhere in the middle of the scoring range and go from there depending on how you handled credit?.

You will have better luck going into a round room and finding a corner to sit in than you will trying to make sense of Vantage Skores. 

Also remember that FICO 8 is only useful to you if the prospective lender uses the same flavor of FICO 8.  The various shiny baubles like people to believe that the three-digit number THEY give means something.  However, it is apples to oranges except and unless your prospective lender uses the precise model the free score produced...