Money sitting in my bank account

pronto

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I'll give it a shot. 

I'm in a very odd situation. On the same day two weeks ago, I paid off 4 of my credit cards totaling $15K. Usually, those kind of payments would clear my bank account within 24-48 hours. However, this time, it's been two weeks and the money is still sitting in my bank account. Other payments have cleared as normal since then, but not those 4. My credit card issuers claim they have received the money perfectly fine and my accounts are paid off. My bank where the money is still sitting says everything is fine on their end. I tried to tell them that there's a bug in their system, but they don't believe me and that everything is working as normal and that they can't see any such withdrawal attempts. So here I'm sitting on $15K that shouldn't be mine anymore. 

What does one do? I obviously don't want to spend it. I'm pretty sure the bank will eventually audit and find the discrepancy. So, should I just move it into my savings account and earn a little interest on it?

What bank are we talking about here?

I've had larger ACH payments take a bit longer than usual, but not two weeks😮

I would definitely leave the money where it is, as it is only a matter of time before it finally shows up as pending, especially if the destination/original payment pullers says they received the funds.  Maybe verify your payment account details with the CC issuers?

My payment account details have been stored in my cc accounts for over a year and used monthly, so there's no way that could be incorrect. The 4 amounts vary between $50 and $10K, so I don't think it's because of a large amount. Since then, I've made a subsequent payment to one of the cc's in question, and it cleared in 24 hrs.

We did just have a banking holiday, but that should have hit a week after they processed.  Some card issuers will show the day you made the payment and the day it actually posted to the account. 

I would do nothing with the funds, especially if your online card account view shows the payment as having processed to the balance that has been paid.  Let them sit and help the average daily balance.  Eventually the system will catch up to the glitch...

15 hours ago, pronto said:

I guess I just had to post this thread for it to happen. Today the transfers cleared. Interestingly, it happened in the middle of the day. Usually my bank clear the transfers in the middle of the night.

You mentioned 4 cards.  Out of curiosity, how many different issuers are involved here?

On 6/4/2021 at 8:32 PM, cv91915 said:

You mentioned 4 cards.  Out of curiosity, how many different issuers are involved here?

Three. Amex, BoA, Chase. But I’m pretty sure the hiccup was on my bank’s end.