Your Capital One Savor (and SavorOne) Rewards card just got better *cough* *cough*

Capital One, being the dicks that they are, has enhanced the rewards on the Capital One Savor and SavorOne Rewards credit cards. Specifically, they have increased the reward from 1% to 4% cash back on "popular streaming."

What counts as streaming?
Streaming purchases made from eligible music and video streaming services, including Netflix®, Hulu® and Disney+. Some services, such as Prime Video, AT&T TV and Verizon FIOS On Demand, are excluded, as well as audiobook subscription services and fitness programming.

As always seems to be the case with credit card rewards, the issuers love to keep the specific list of merchants which will have the correct merchant code to qualify for a rewards category a secret. We end up having to risk through trial and error finding out which merchants will get the full 4% or if our valuable purchase will be relegated to receiving a paltry 1% cash back. My ego takes a huge hit when a purchase that I believe should have received the full reward gets relegated to the children's table. I'm then forced to endure the flashbacks and intrusive thoughts of all my past failures and mistakes. I'm damaged goods.

Does Spotify count? How about Google YouTube TV? Will I win or lose if I try to charge my Google YouTube Premium subscription? Inquiring minds want to know.

If only Capital One would release the actual list of qualifying products, rather than making this process be so mercurial. In a recent correspondence with Capital One customer service, I was initially hopeful they would be forthcoming with the information I requested. Although they did thank me for my inquiry and my business, to my disappointment, the only information they provided was the quote above.

So, I petition the forum for we, the members, to bandy together our experiences with this card, sharing our failures and successes in mining for the elusive 4% to be earned from purchases from select streaming services.

Here's an ongoing list of charges that have been confirmed to receive 4% cashback (Savor) or 3% cashback (SavorOne):

• Cox Communication (COX LAS VEGAS COMM SV, 800-234-3993 NV 89106 USA); Category: Phone/Cable (Source: policebox, 05.26.2021)
  • Dish Network (Source: myFICO forum, 05.21.2021)
  • Disney+ (Source: Capital One email, 05.18.2021)
  • Hulu (Source: Capital One email, 05.18.2021)
  • Netflix (Source: Capital One email, 05.18.2021)
  • Verizon FiOS (Source: myFICO forum, 05.20.2021)
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Here is an ongoing list of charges that have been confirmed to receive 4% cashback (Savor) or 3% cashback (SavorOne):

• Cox Communication (COX LAS VEGAS COMM SV, 800-234-3993 NV 89106 USA); Category: Phone/Cable (Source: policebox, 05.26.2021)
  • Dish Network (Source: myFICO forum, 05.21.2021)
  • Disney+ (Source: Capital One email, 05.18.2021)
  • Hulu (Source: Capital One email, 05.18.2021)
  • Netflix (Source: Capital One email, 05.18.2021)
  • Spotify (Source: policebox, 05.31.2021)
  • Verizon FiOS (Source: myFICO forum, 05.20.2021)

And also as importantly, here is an ongoing list of charges that have been confirmed to NOT receive 4% cashback, but instead receive the default 1% rate:

• CenturyLink (CENTURYLINK SIMPLE 800-201-4099 LA 71203 USA); Category: Phone/Cable (Sourece: policebox, 06.02.2021)
  • Youtube (GOOGLE *YouTubePremium 650-253-0000 CA 94043 USA); Category: Internet (Source: policebox, 06.06.2021)
  • YouTube (GOOGLE*YOUTUBE TV INTERNET CA 94043 USA); Category: Internet (Source: policebox, 06.23.2021)

I'm pretty disappointed that YouTube Premium, but especially YouTube TV doesn't qualify as a "video streaming service" while many other similar platforms seem to.

Edited by policebox