Clarification needed. Medical collection.

Hello,

First time posting, hoping to get clarification on the HIPAA program.

Medical collections posted literally 4 days after receiving pre-approval for mortgage and sunk my scores...  ER visit in TX from April 2018, reported April 30th to Experian and TU for $1k.  CA refused pay for delete - OC referred me to CACA is "managing" the debt on behalf of another CA that originally purchased the debt.

Thus far, I've opted out and sent the initial DV's to the CRA's via Priority mail - both were received May 5th.  I am subscribed to Experians credit monitoring... They sent an email stating their process for review, etc. - haven't received any other correspondence from them.  Heard nothing from TU but they did update the record on CK as "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements".  I've received no further contact from the CA

If I understand correctly, the next step would be to confirm a relationship between the OC and the CA, then to send the OC payment if the info I receive matches my records, otherwise, I send a medical dispute validation letter to the CA for each reporting CRA?

Here's my question, is there any way I can expedite the process given the info above?  As previously mentioned, in the process of acquiring a home so, time is of the essence...

Any feedback would be tremendously appreciated.

You are the victim of JDBs ( junk debt buyers) who love to poison people's reports when they are applying for a mortgage.

Follow ALL the steps in the program

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

You can skip the address deletions and go straight into the HIPAA letter program AFTER opting out (that is how the data miners get your account information enabling them to poison your reports)

Your first letters SHOULD have been disputes to the CRAs

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Is that what you sent the CRAs? when you said this  "initial DV's to the CRA's"

There is NO WAY paying the OC or the reporting CA anything will get this off your reports.

The OC has NO current business relationship with the JDB reporting and the JDB has no right or authority to report or collect on the account as they received the account data from another CA (or data miner) and your HIPAA release is NOT transferable.

If you received a response from the CRAs that the accounts remain, then send the reporting CAs this;

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

and send the CRAs this;

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

Hello,

Yes, the disputes in your link are exactly what I sent, hand written, to the CRA's.

As a quick note, Experian completed their process and the account remains.  I expect the same from TU.

I'll send out the letters you linked above today.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Apologies, one more question regarding the letters to the CA.

It states that one letter should be sent for each reporting CRA, but unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter the specific CRA on the template given my situation?

In my case, the account is reporting and I haven't received any communication from the CA.  Furthermore, I have nothing in writing, but I have communicated with the CA to inquire about a pay for delete so...

I would use this line:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your 'recent commuincation"

instead of this line:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my (name of CRA) report

Is that correct?

The account is reporting to all 3 CRAs??

It is 1 account reporting from 1 CA??

It has been disputed to the CRAs??

The CRAs have NOT deleted the account??

Send this to the CA, 1 letter for each CRA

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

"This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my (name of CRA) report"

The "communication" you referred to doesn't count as it was NOT in response to your dispute.

• 2 weeks later...

This account is reporting to Experian and TU only.

Yes, It is one account, reporting from one CA.

It has been disputed (via the first round of letters) to the CRA's, verified as accurate by both.

Has not been deleted by either.

Quick update:

After sending the letter in the link above to the CA (one for each reporting CRA), I received a response via mail from the CA stating they conducted an investigation and their validation is enclosed.  They included what appears to be the actual statement from questcare.  Statement lists me as the patient as well as an itemized breakdown of the exact services rendered, Dr's name, date of service, etc. etc.

Their reply also lists the other agency as the "current creditor".

What next?  Do I move to the follow up letters to the CRA's?  If so, do I need to include any reference to this response I've received from the CA

What is the date on the statement from Questcare-- ??

If the date they are showing is the date of medical service and there is NO indication of a RECENT communication to them ( or the original CA) then go ahead and send the follow up disputes to Ex and TU

The statement date at the top actually shows 05/17/21; the date of service is listed in the itemized portion of the statement and that shows 06/27/2018.

Does this indicate a relationship?

Also, wasn't the CA supposed to provide a HIPAA authorization along with their validation?  

The HIPAA authorization is NOT transferable. That fact is the basis for the HIPAA letter program. 

The statement date of 5/17/21 is a statement from ?? The OC health care provider or the CA??

It appears to be from Questcare (OC). Questcare is on the letterhead and there is no mention of the current creditor, or the CA that's managing the debt on their behalf, on the statement.

Do you have an original bill from Questcare?? Were you insured?? If so, contact your insurance Co. and get a copy of the EOMB ( explanation of medical benefits). They are required to keep the records for 5 years.

It is POSSIBLE ( although I doubt it) that the account is valid. If so, you can pay it directly to Questcare with the HIPAA letter insert "a". with a copy of your EOMB.

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

Unfortunately, I do not have an original bill from Questcare.

Regarding insurance, this was an auto accident that occurred just after I'd accepted a new position at a new company so, after my previous coverage expired, but before my new coverage began.  That said, the auto insurer for the other driver should be liable, I had a medical claim, but failed to follow up on it with their claims department after the collision claim was settled.  Should I look into that?

In any case, without the EOMB, would I still follow through with the HIPAA letter insert "a"?

You should check with the claims department and find out if the bill was paid ( or submitted) properly. 

Contact Questcare by mail. Request a copy of the records for their services. Use this;

(Your Name)
(address)
(City,State, zip)
s.s.# (social security #)
HIPAA Compliance Office
( health care provider creditor)
(address)
(date)
Dear Sir/Madam;
This letter is in reference to (account #) for services provided to (name of patient) on (date of service).
This account is a billing error.

Please send me a copy of the original bill.

It was not properly transmitted in a timely manner to my insurance company.
It is not a valid bill and has been properly disputed, therefore I request complete deletion from all your agent (name of CA **)'s records and archives.

Your furnishing of my account information to (collection agency name), is not in compliance with HIPAA,or (name of your State}'s Privacy Act, and any subsequent reporting of this account on my credit reports to (credit reporting bureaus) is a clear violation of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") 

Please respond, in writing within 10 days that you are processing this request.

I am reserving the right, to take appropriate legal and civil action including reporting to any applicable regulatory authorities any lack of cooperation or compliance with this request.

Sincerely,
signature
(Your Name)

Use BOTH the name of the original CA and the reporting CA in the ** section

Send priority mail to the main address of Questcare