Need Help with collections item

Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the right place. I just received a notice from experien that an amount I owed Infinite Energy was turned over to collections and reported. They are willing to negotiate however the refuse to remove the item. I tried to explain how I have been very sick for the least couple of months and have gotten behind on a few things but they could care less that we are in the middle of pandemic. I have no other negatives on my report and honestly forgot about this since after getting sick I've also had a lot of other challenges. I initially disputed the bill as the company didn't notify me that my rate increase expired and they offered to settle for 40% off but I am reluctant to pay unless they delete it all together. What is the best route to take regarding this? Thank you in advance.

8 hours ago, ann9787 said:

Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the right place. I just received a notice from experien that an amount I owed Infinite Energy was turned over to collections and reported. They are willing to negotiate however the refuse to remove the item. I tried to explain how I have been very sick for the least couple of months and have gotten behind on a few things but they could care less that we are in the middle of pandemic. I have no other negatives on my report and honestly forgot about this since after getting sick I've also had a lot of other challenges. I initially disputed the bill as the company didn't notify me that my rate increase expired and they offered to settle for 40% off but I am reluctant to pay unless they delete it all together. What is the best route to take regarding this? Thank you in advance.

Set aside the collector for a moment. 

Are you able to log into your Infinite Energy account and just pay the bill directly?  If no, what about by phone, or in person?  Or can you mail in a check with a payment coupon from an old bill?