Two Unpaid Medical (Me) (Gone 2 Collections)

In regards to post 

Right now I only see one reporting as a collection. May have time to make payment on the other before it goes on the credit report

Done:   First start by opting out, this prevents your data from being sold to data miners.

Done:   Get your credit reports directly from each Credit Reporting Agency, you need reports with an individual ID#

Done:    (nothing listed but was curious) Get your MEDICAL INFORMATION BUREAU (MIB) REPORT

Done:    (did yesterday - asking for written response) (guess that was correct to see correction in writing) Next try to delete old addresses IF you have moved since the date of medical service, or the date of delinquency on a credit card or utility account.

Done:    (did by phone Friday and got all denials so will try by mail) If you have GOOD old closed accounts, send them a letter advising them of your current address and ask them to update your records as you may wish to use the account again. This will prevent you from losing GOOD closed accounts

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

If I understand correctly this step should only be taken once old addresses are deleted. The other address was my birth home, was I also disputing that address? One PO Box I did not recognize at all, so I was clear to dispute on that one. I did the opt out!

Thanks for helping!

WOW!! I don't know where to start!!

Did you READ the guides?

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

The instructions CLEARLY state that all disputes ( including address deletions) should be by snail mail and that ONLY if you have moved since the date of medical service do you need to delete old addresses.

The MIB report was not necessary unless you have been the victim of id fraud.

"Right now I only see one reporting as a collection. May have time to make payment on the other before it goes on the credit report"

What is the date of medical service on the one reporting??

What is the status of your account on the one not yet reporting?? Has it been turned over to a CA?? Can you still access payment to the OC's on line payment method??

Send the initial dispute letter to the CRA(s) where the 1 account is reporting

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Well, I thought I was going step by step . https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

MIB Report – I was just very curious

(Misread somehow on the address part. I don’t expect deletion because one is my childhood home. The other is a PO Box that is not mine.

What is the date of medical service on the one reporting??

Placed for collection: 04/08/2020

Responsibility: Individual Account

Account Type: Open Account

Loan Type: Collection Agency/Attorney

Balance: $2623

Date Updated: 02/26/2021

Original Amount: $2623

Original Creditor: Company Name

Past Due: $2623

Estimated Removal Month & Year: 03/2026

I can still access the OC’s online payment method. However, the bill no longer shows where I can make payments.

What is the status of your account on the one not yet reporting?? Has it been turned over to a CA??

Has not been paid since January 2020 but can be paid off right away

Unsure if with collection agency. Not showing on credit reports. Have not gotten a letter.

This company can only take payments by phone.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

(Will work on this one after work so I can make sure I understand and ask questions if needed first.)

Posted (edited)

OK, on the one reporting does it show the health care provider name as a original creditor?

Placed for collection: 04/08/2020

Date Updated: 02/26/2021

Original Amount: $2623

Original Creditor: Company Name

Estimated Removal Month & Year: 03/2026 Indicates the date of service as 03/2019 

This company can only take payments by phone. COMPANY??? Is this a health care provider or not?? If a medical services provider what was the date of medical service??

Edited by Why Chat
15 hours ago, Why Chat said:

OK, on the one reporting does it show the health care provider name as a original creditor?

Yes! The original creditor information matches. Looked at my last bill and I looked at the credit report.

Indicates the date of service as 03/2019 

That probably is an accurate date. My last bill received 01/2020 shows exams done and date around 04/2019

Is this a health care provider or not?

I had a biopsy done. Sample sent to a pathology lab. So the bill is from the pathologist lab. 

This company can only take payments by phone.

I was speaking of the other medical bill that is not reporting (always had to pay by phone/no website payment system).

Now the one reporting, I use to make payments on their website (pathology lab). So I logged into that account this morning, but the bill no longer shows. Guessing when it was sent to collections, it was removed from their website.

On 5/3/2021 at 6:15 AM, Why Chat said:

I am trying to fine tooth my reports but it only appears to be reporting on TransUnion

On 5/3/2021 at 6:15 AM, Why Chat said:

What is the status of your account on the one not yet reporting??

Unpaid. but this one I could pay tomorrow if it still shows in their system. Last bill dated 03/2020

What is the status of your account on the one not yet reporting??

Unpaid. but this one I could pay tomorrow if it still shows in their system. Last bill dated 03/2020

Pay over phone with debit or credit card IF you are sure you are calling the OC health care provider.

If they won't accept phone payment then mail them a BANK MONEY ORDER with the letter below https://whychat.me/hipltr.html  ( shortened for your purpose) FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS;

Please make sure that your payment is in the form of a bank cashiers check or bank money order,(do not use a postal money order). THIS IS CONSIDERED THE SAME AS A CASH PAYMENT, that you make a photo copy of the front and back of the remittance, that your name and address are CLEARLY printed on the remittance, that it is made to the order of THE ORIGINAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER, and that you print or type clearly in the endorsement section "For Deposit Only to the Account of (name of H.C. provider)

(Your Name)
(address)
(City,State, zip)
s.s.# (social security #)
HIPAA Compliance Office
( health care provider creditor)
(address)
(date)
Dear Sir/Madam;
This letter is in reference to (account #) for services provided to (name of patient) on (date of service).

Sincerely,
signature
(Your Name)

In regard to the bill on this account in the amount of ($___): Enclosed please find my remittance of ($___) for payment in full of this account.   Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute a violation of HIPAA,  Copies of this correspondence and a copy of the remittance check may be used for any further actions with State or Federal agencies     You are required under the FCRA and FACTA to accurately report the status of any account to the credit bureaus, and you are prohibited under the HIPAA and State privacy regulations from doing so on a PAID account, as there is no longer any permitted business purpose. Your furnishing of my account information to (collection agency name), is not in compliance with HIPAA,or (name of your State}'s Privacy Act, and any subsequent reporting of this account on my credit reports to (credit reporting bureaus) is a clear violation of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") since there can be no permissible business purpose in divulging protected health information to anyone on an account once there is no longer any payment due.In addition the new Omnibus Final Rule states:when patients pay out of pocket in full, they can instruct their provider to refrain from sharing information.This letter serves as that instruction  

Sincerely,

signature

(Your Name)

Paid the other account that was not reporting on my credit reports. It was still with the original creditor and they were able to take the payment by phone.

For the one reporting on TransUnion only. I am to do today!

Fill out the “Dispute Form” in my hand writing with a blue pen (used your example)

Will be using priority mail only with proof of delivery to send out

Wait for a full response from TransUnion (sounds like I should be getting a letter)

Do they have a time to respond?

Thanks,

Why Chat