Paying for Mailed Hard Copy Report

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and I thank everyone for all the guidance, this forum has helped me understand the credit repair process greatly!

My question is, I have gone through all the old posts regarding ordering a paper copy of your report from the big 3. Many have said they paid for their report to be mailed. I called and ordered mine today, and wasn't required to pay. Will I get the same online report? I'm hoping due to covid they aren't requiring us to pay. 

The main point isn't paying for the reports, it's obtaining them by contacting the bureaus directly.

If you had gotten your reports from annualcreditreport.com, that would give the bureaus an extra 15 days to respond to a dispute.  You've avoided that.  :good:

I tried requesting over the phone for a hard copy from TU and made it clear I did not want the annualcreditreport.com's copy. I tried on two separate occasions and clearly stated I wanted to pay for TU's report. Both times the rep said they would send it but took no payment info. I never received a credit report, nada.

3 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I tried requesting over the phone for a hard copy from TU and made it clear I did not want the annualcreditreport.com's copy. I tried on two separate occasions and clearly stated I wanted to pay for TU's report. Both times the rep said they would send it but took no payment info. I never received a credit report, nada.

Each of the big 4 USED to have instructions on their websites for how to write and make the request. 

Quite frankly, I am not even sure I would WANT a bureau to process a request via telephone rep given how little information is actually required for a report to be accessed.  Innovis at least required prompts to enter information that would ONLY appear on the report...no human interaction required- paper report for no fee.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:32 AM, cv91915 said:

The main point isn't paying for the reports, it's obtaining them by contacting the bureaus directly.

If you had gotten your reports from annualcreditreport.com, that would give the bureaus an extra 15 days to respond to a dispute.  You've avoided that.  :good:

Thank you for clarifying!