Cards Not Reporting At All

I have noticed that I have a couple of card accounts that are not reporting to any of the bureaus and they should be at this point. Bryant State Bank (Show CC), Reflex Card (Celtic Bank), and my Fingerhut account are some. How do I get them to report?

10 hours ago, willubmyknight said:

I have noticed that I have a couple of card accounts that are not reporting to any of the bureaus and they should be at this point. Bryant State Bank (Show CC), Reflex Card (Celtic Bank), and my Fingerhut account are some. How do I get them to report?

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the only requirement of lenders with respect to credit reporting is that any such reporting must be accurate.  There is no requirement to actually report any account.

That said, it seems unusual that these accounts aren't reporting information to your reports.  You may wish to review the name and address on these accounts against how that information appears on your credit reports to ensure that some type of mismatch isn't preventing these accounts from being tied to your credit report.  You  may also wish to call the account issuers to discuss what might prevent such reporting.

Keep in mind ALSO that hidden lines can be extremely useful.  There used to be a thread around here about the accounts that didn't report precisely because those were good accounts to shove balances and not have a score hit...

And Fingerslut not reporting should be considered a blessing, not a curse...you really don't want that turd on your report...if the other two are also rebuilding type accounts, you may want to revisit keeping them.  A quick search suggests they are low limit offerings that won't be growing with you. 

14 hours ago, willubmyknight said:

Are looking at credit reports, or are you relying on what Kredit Carmahahaha (or something like it) is showing?

It depends. Once you have a bunch of cards reporting, that have aged, I don't think adding more to the pile will help with your score much, if at all.

Personally, I have a ton of cards and a long credit history. A few open accounts don't report. One that comes to mind is Sinclair Oil.  Who really cares if I can charge gas at one of their few stations in the Los Angeles area?  I'm thinking if I screw up the account and start not paying, then they'll report, so no news is good news.

17 hours ago, memarybe said:

My Montgomery Ward would only report if I had a balance. Zero balance=no reporting
also told me they will start reporting after 90 days. Call them and ask.

My Comenity Orbitz Visa only reports in months where there is a balance, either positive (I owe them) or negative (credit balance that they owe me). It will not report if the statement balance is exactly $0. Not sure if that's happening here with your accounts, but to make Comenity report my updates, I've generally paid $2 or more above the statement balance to create a credit balance. The good thing is they send me the refund check the next month (when I don't use the card), without any intervention on my part. 

(And before someone asks why I keep this sad card, it is because I generally keep cards with both features: no annual fee and no FTF. Also it's my only Comenity card, so some issuer diversity is a secondary consideration, too.)

I'll note that there's a difference between an account not reporting to the CRA's (no tradeline on a credit report) and an account that doesn't perform a monthly report update because of a current $0 balance.

I understand that there can be concerns with either of these circumstances, but they're two distinct circumstances that don't really have connection to one another.