The Nosy Neighbor Thread

cv91915

• 2 months later...

↖️ either has an overnight guest, or they got a new Jeep Wrangler while I was out of town.  Recently they got rid of their Audi A6 and replaced it with a Toyota Tacundra.  😐 

⬆️ has an enormous travel trailer parked in their driveway.  I'll check the CC&Rs if it isn't gone by the weekend.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:54 AM, cv91915 said:

⬆️ has an enormous travel trailer parked in their driveway.  I'll check the CC&Rs if it isn't gone by the weekend.

There are people staying in it.  😐 

↖️ either has an overnight guest, or they got a new Jeep Wrangler while I was out of town.  Recently they got rid of their Audi A6 and replaced it with a Toyota Tacundra.  😐 

Wrangler is gone after two days of not moving.  Maybe they were just having a swingers party.

TAD tells me that this is an annual thing, and lasts about a week.  I guess it's always been while I was traveling.

Our house is 30% smaller and we've managed to host a dozen friends for a weekend, without setting up a refugee camp in the driveway.

• 1 month later...

Communist edition. 

Window blinds were missing from the spare bedroom in our new apartment. Maintenance will install missing blind Tuesday morning. 

So as a temporary measure, I hung a Soviet era flag in its place. No way I was gonna disrespect old glory by using it as a curtain. 

About 5am Sunday, I step out my back door for a cigarette. Across the way was a lady doing the same. She starts speaking Russian to me. I obliged and spoke back, despite my Russian is horrible. We quickly switched to english. 

She said when she saw the flag, she thought she had a neighbor from the old country. 

5 hours ago, TheVig said:

Communist edition. 

Window blinds were missing from the spare bedroom in our new apartment. Maintenance will install missing blind Tuesday morning. 

So as a temporary measure, I hung a Soviet era flag in its place. No way I was gonna disrespect old glory by using it as a curtain. 

About 5am Sunday, I step out my back door for a cigarette. Across the way was a lady doing the same. She starts speaking Russian to me. I obliged and spoke back, despite my Russian is horrible. We quickly switched to english. 

She said when she saw the flag, she thought she had a neighbor from the old country. 

sounds like your new place is already a step up!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...