The Nosy Neighbor Thread

On garbage day, nearly everyone puts their bins on the same side of the driveway as their mailbox, which makes our street an unnecessarily complex obstacle course for the mailman.  

Maybe they're in no hurry to get their Bed Bath & Beyond coupons.

Since the pandemic our HOA has relaxed a lot and now I see weeds growing in the front yard of every house, garbage cans left for days after the truck came and left, dog sh*t every where... fee like living in the getto.

On the bright side, my next door neighbor and the neighbor across are really good people and love to chat up with us when they can.

13 hours ago, cv91915 said:

On garbage day, nearly everyone puts their bins on the same side of the driveway as their mailbox, which makes our street an unnecessarily complex obstacle course for the mailman.  

Maybe they're in no hurry to get their Bed Bath & Beyond coupons.

No problems here. No mailboxes in this unincorporated community. The mailman doesn't come around. Have to go to the post office to pick up the mail. On the upside, POBs are free and only county ordinances.

Neighbors to the West has been doing major construction for an addition to their home and even more major landscaping. Been going on for 2 years with at least another year to go. Par for the course. Major work seems to take forever hereabouts.

<- Father of one of the adults next door is visiting.

I know this because he always parks his black Suburban on the street in front of our house, and every time I look out the window I panic and wonder if I'm supposed to be heading to the airport.

11 hours ago, cv91915 said:

...parks his black Suburban on the street in front of our house, and every time I look out the window I panic and wonder if I'm supposed to be heading to the airport.

If there was a black (or I should say "blacked out") Suburban parked in front of my house, I'd be worried about which TLA is going to drag me away in restraints this time....

Meanwhile here at the Econo Lodge. Some tweaker chicks are looking are looking for their fix. Knocked on my door by mistake.

I told one of the ladies, I was a little horney, until she smiled.***

*** Mrs. Vig has the rare priviledge of traveling with me this week. It's been a couple of years since she last traveled with me on one of my business trips. After this week, it will probably be another two years before she gets the bright idea again. Unless it's a food delivery, she is forbidding me from answering the door. She thinks this hotel should be featured on Springer or Maury.

8 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Don't you mean Live PD??

(Yes I know Live PD was cancelled by the cancel culture)

I hope they never discover Dragnet reruns. They’ll cancel that too. 

18 hours ago, TheVig said:

The Green Hornet - had an Asian man-servant, and the Warner Bros Looney Tunes have been edited over the years - you know scenes where dynamite explodes in a character's face and the face turns black. How about the early Tom & Jerry where Tom was a housecat in a house with a black housekeeper. The Great Gildersleeve had a black housekeeper named Bertie, and most people know Jack Benny employed Rochester as his man-servant.

20 hours ago, TheVig said:

Does anybody notice on which TV episode duration of Dragnet has no Jack Webb casting?

Dragnet
No. of episodes    762 (total)
314 (radio 1949–57)
276 (TV 1951–59)
98 (TV 1967–70)
52 (TV 1989–91) 
22 (TV 2003–04)

Neighbors over there 👉 appear to have gotten a new NX300.

He was driving a Macan Turbo, and his wife got a new RX350 shortly before that.

I'm sincerely hoping that the NX is hers, and he didn't trade in the Macan for that thing.   👁️👁️ 

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm sincerely hoping that the NX is hers, and he didn't trade in the Macan for that thing.   👁️👁️ 

[ Actually, not that I love the RX, but I'm hoping the NX is a loaner 😛 ]

On 4/9/2021 at 9:40 AM, cv91915 said:

On 4/9/2021 at 9:41 AM, cv91915 said:

[ Actually, not that I love the RX, but I'm hoping the NX is a loaner 😛 ]

Someone just left in their silver RX.  It's still dark outside, but I could see that from the reflection.

Still not enough info to make a determination...  just an interim observation.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:03 AM, cv91915 said:

Someone just left in their silver RX.  It's still dark outside, but I could see that from the reflection.

Still not enough info to make a determination...  just an interim observation.

Someone just left with the Macan.

It appears that the NX was probably a loaner.  😛 

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

👈  Even with four little kids, I don't know how one household can fill up two giant trash receptacles every week.

Our very thought when we first moved into this neighborhood.  Same mo with our next door neighbor ... both overflowing every single week, with an occasional spare bin set out.

Ultimately, we learned that Mrs. operates a day care and hauls home the trash to save on garbage collection.

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

Our very thought when we first moved into this neighborhood.  Same mo with our next door neighbor ... both overflowing every single week, with an occasional spare bin set out.

Ultimately, we learned that Mrs. operates a day care and hauls home the trash to save on garbage collection.

I'd have more info, but I have to get up out of my chair to see their house.  😛 

Taking trash home must save dozens of dollars. 

• 2 weeks later...