Challenge vs Dispute : How to guide?

Analysis

I am looking for details about how to write and send a challenge vs a dispute. I am searching on the top right of this site, but thus far have found only unrelated posts and threads while using the keywords challenges and dispute. Most of the threads seem to be old, and I do not have a method of searching which brings me threads to assist. 

I am trying to remove some old NFCU collections, now just 1 year short of the 7 year drop off. They have been " disputed " many, many, times, with no positive deletions. 3 collections accounts on 3 different CR reports equals 9 negatives. Yes, I know I will lose age when I finally get them deleted, and I know NFCU is notoriously tenacious.....

Any suggestions?

Edited by Analysis

• Analysis changed the title to Challenge vs Dispute : How to guide?

On 3/13/2021 at 7:59 AM, Analysis said:

I am looking for details about how to write and send a challenge vs a dispute.
Any suggestions?

One suggestion you won't like:  stop splitting hairs in an attempt to get what you want.  Whether you use the term "challenge" vs. "dispute" makes no difference to the credit bureaus.  It is the same thing as far as they are concerned.  If you have disputed "many many times" already then you essentially cemented them to your report until the bitter end of the 7 year 6 month reporting period.  NFCU is notoriously tenacious.  Especially when their only weapon left is reporting to the bureaus.

They have been " disputed " many, many, times, with no positive deletions

Have you bothered to actually read the FCRA? The above (supra in legal terminology) should tell you volumes about your numerous apparently pointless disputes. Your homework assignment is to read the statute you seek to invoke, and tell us why they are ignoring you.