WF keeps doing soft Inquires and I have never had an account with them

In reviewing my credit report I noticed four inquires from :

WELLS FARGO BANK CREDIT EDUCATION Inquired on 02/**/2021 , 01/**/2021 , 12/**/2020 and 11/**/ 2020  (same day each month I used ** to protect privacy)

11625 N COMMUNITY HOUSE RD, CHARLOTTE, NC 28277

I have never had a student loan with WELLS FARGO and my Student loan which was with the US DEPARTMENT of ED was paid off nearly 30 years ago!

Can they do this? I live in California and I think my state has strong permissible purpose and privacy laws. How can I make them stop this?

Have you done what’s called opted out yet? Have you put a freeze yet in place on all of your credit reports?

No guarantee doing those two things will stop them, but it can help. 

Do you have any relationship at all with Wells Fargo? Checking? Savings? Credit cards? Personal loans?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, TheVig said:

Have you done what’s called opted out yet? Have you put a freeze yet in place on all of your credit reports?

No guarantee doing those two things will stop them, but it can help. 

Do you have any relationship at all with Wells Fargo? Checking? Savings? Credit cards? Personal loans?

All reports have been Frozen and Opt out in place for years. I also have an extended fraud alert after a serious data breech and loss of laptop with my completed mortgage application package (and all supporting documents) stored on it.

I used to bank at WF but closed all accounts there in 2018.

Edited by NoMoreHate

Concur with hdporter...this appears to be some manner of monitoring service.  And with the added datapoint of having previously banked there, you are still going to be in their records and they likely have ALL of their customers (and former customers) in that system.  I don't bank with them and, to the best of my knowledge, have not banked with any of the entities that they have gobbled up through the years, so I cannot speak from first-hand experience on those pulls...