17 hours ago, TheVig said:

As long as he doesn’t disappear like Ron1 did. 

Unfortunately that happens as well sometimes.  I am grateful and appreciate those who are here, and for those that left 99% are welcome back whenever they want to come back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 5:58 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

Hege! HEGE! H E G E M O N Y !!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU ??!!

Hegel and his sidekick PhotO synchronously awol. Just taken a temporary absence from a well-deserved vacation. Hehe... I was away 6 months from the early of 2020. :D

On 3/27/2021 at 6:58 PM, MP80 said:

Hegel and his sidekick PhotO synchronously awol. Just taken a temporary absence from a well-deserved vacation. Hehe... I was away 6 months from the early of 2020. :D

I hope that's the case. 🙂

19 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I hope that's the case. 🙂

Hehe... I have a devil's advocate theory about it, sweeties...  :D

Many members have left CB for many years and then returned. Although they returned soon after and left again, many people left indefinitely this time. In the past, I have seen Hegemony leave for a few weeks and then come back. Hehe...he takes a short vacation every year. There is no doubt that nothing will happen to him, because the people with whom he was in close relationships as subordinates or partners have also left. I'm just guessing what made him uncomfortable or annoyed him and caused him to leave. Now, this is just my guess. 

If you have worked at CB for 18 years and built a reputation, and then left suddenly, something must have gone wrong.

I think that canceling the "reputation on points" is not a good way to make members stay. This "reputation on points" whoever created it, he/she an intelligent person. This to keep the members around. This is encouragement, incitement, attraction, and an incentive, just my thoughts...I was here when it happened, it made me thinking about the really smart people who lost 30-100 reputation points here, how devastating it is, for them of course, maybe it has never been mentioned publicly by them, but, Good Lord, what are the inner feelings inside. Not happy! Don't look at me, because I have had zero, none, nada, zilch reputation point.  :)

7 hours ago, MP80 said:

Hehe... I have a devil's advocate theory about it, sweeties...  :D

Many members have left CB for many years and then returned. Although they returned soon after and left again, many people left indefinitely this time. In the past, I have seen Hegemony leave for a few weeks and then come back. Hehe...he takes a short vacation every year. There is no doubt that nothing will happen to him, because the people with whom he was in close relationships as subordinates or partners have also left. I'm just guessing what made him uncomfortable or annoyed him and caused him to leave. Now, this is just my guess. 

If you have worked at CB for 18 years and built a reputation, and then left suddenly, something must have gone wrong.

I think that canceling the "reputation on points" is not a good way to make members stay. This "reputation on points" whoever created it, he/she an intelligent person. This to keep the members around. This is encouragement, incitement, attraction, and an incentive, just my thoughts...I was here when it happened, it made me thinking about the really smart people who lost 30-100 reputation points here, how devastating it is, for them of course, maybe it has never been mentioned publicly by them, but, Good Lord, what are the inner feelings inside. Not happy! Don't look at me, because I have had zero, none, nada, zilch reputation point.  :)

Having been around here a long time I think you are off base.  As you said, Hege left for a while before but came back, then left again, and came back.  Both before the reputation system was put in and after.  I am pretty sure why in the previous instances but I am not going to openly speculate...if he sees this thread and wants to comment, he is welcome to.

I can't speak for the owners but in my view the rep system points were scrapped because it wasn't really working out as intended and really wasn't adding any value IMO.  People are going to stay because they want to engage in the conversations, maybe learn about new products/offerings, or pay it forward to help others as they may have been helped in the past...not because they have a arbitrary little counter next to their names. 

Edited by CTSoxFan
11 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

if he sees this thread and wants to comment, he is welcome to.

Hehe... A good reason to lured him back.  :D

Sorry, what you see is the wrong picture I painted. In the beginning, I was just playing the devil's advocate, and then speculating on the development of the forum from when I was here to now.

I think you have misunderstood between Hege and the reputation points. It is not that the cancellation of the credibility points system caused him to leave, but it is certain that this is at least one of the mosaics for the suggestion. 

As for the prestige points, I am just speaking as a bystander. From your point of view, the situation is different. You see it doesn't add value but I see it differently IMO. Now, if I am one of these members, then these members are people who are here almost every day, whether they are logging in or lurking, these people are the protagonists of CB, the portico of CB. I don’t want to say their names, but you know what I mean or referring to them, they got a lot of reputation points, and after being abandoned (scrapped), they gradually left. This is not the main reason, but it is part of it. Just my point of view.

However, there is a bigger scenario that is when members decided to leave here, is when credit is a none issue, an unimportant moot thing for them, and you know what I mean by that.

9 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I don't remember "reputation points."  

Good Lord! What do you mean by you don't remember any reputation points, the green color icon, Hehe...You got bestow at least 30 or more if I recall correctly. I think you got less than Kat, but fewer than Hege, of course.  :)

4 hours ago, MP80 said:

Good Lord! What do you mean by you don't remember any reputation points, the green color icon, Hehe...You got bestow at least 30 or more if I recall correctly. I think you got less than Kat, but fewer than Hege, of course.  :)

I don't even remember the concept of reputation points.  Oh, well.  

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I don't even remember the concept of reputation points.  Oh, well.  

Many people have it, even Takeshi a knowledgeable member that rarely comes to these public forums anymore. 

On 3/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, MP80 said:

Many people have it, even Takeshi a knowledgeable member that rarely comes to these public forums anymore. 

Maybe @takeshi will come back and stay.  

In the interim:

Haha...I don’t remember Takeshi as a game show, but I’m glad to learn new things every day.  :)

I know Takeshi is in at least three credit forums. One of the credit forums he frequently visits is called "Credit Forum", and its webpage is mainly light blue. Its membership is based on the seniority of the American Express charge card level. Of course, the Centurion card is the highest level among members. The website no longer exists, it disappeared at least 2 or 3 years ago, but unfortunately, all the members' topics and posts have completely disappeared. Since then, I have never seen Takeshi on any credit forums again.

Well, there is a famous idiom: "There is no never-ending feast." The meaning behind it is "all good things must come to an end."