I have been walking five miles everyday since late January in the park by my neighborhood baseball field. In addition I started doing core strengthening exercises i.e. the plank. Lower back pain has gone away and squatting and getting back up isn't a chore and embarrassing in the attempt. 😜  I also quit smoking. The walking helps get my mind off of not smoking. 

u8eA9Q8.jpg

On 3/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, cv91915 said:

The last classmate I ran into randomly was missing most of her teeth, and had tire tracks running diagonally across the front of her shirt.

It wasn't random. We've been friends for over 50 years. 😀

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

It wasn't random. We've been friends for over 50 years. 😀

I cannot contrive a set of circumstances that would have made mine a planned encounter.

2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I cannot contrive a set of circumstances that would have made mine a planned encounter.

Sounds like this person has had a life of hard luck and/or poor choices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last summer while visiting my brother in CO it was getting very difficult for me to lift the heavy steel lid to the bear proof trash bin. Having arthritis in my wrist didn't help either. During my most recent visit last month and since doing planks, I took a bag of trash out to the trash bin dreading lifting the lid. I was surprised how effortless it was to lift the lid. Those planks work wonders.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to donate blood today and when they took my BP it was 106/68. It appears the exercise and low salt intake is paying off.

The last time my BP was taken was in 2019 and it was 224/54. I remember thinking at the time that my BP is starting to inch up and it's time I make some changes.