1. Wealthwomaninthemaking
  2. Why Chat

Why Chat

3. MarvBear

MarvBear

• Similar Content

• By felton1
      Hello,

I'm in bit of an issue where a medical bill was fully paid, but the account is in collections. In an imperfect sequence of events, the insurance company briefly withdrew a previous payment and re-payed the provider. Meanwhile, the provider sent me the bill, went bankrupt and they are not reachable. Looks like they sold the debt to the CA and CA wants the money that was fully paid. I have the Explanation of Benefits and proof of the original payment. 

Feb 2019 to April 2019 - Service Provided by an in-network medical service provider for my child
      May 2019 - Co-pay fully paid. Insurance fully paid. Account settled. 
      Sep 2020 - Insurance withdrew the payment (mistake). Provider sends me the bill for around $1,200. I disputed it. 
      Feb 2021 - Provider sends the account to the collection agency $1,200. CA sends me the letter. 
      Mar 2021 - Provider closes the door. Unable to reach the provider. 
      Apr 2021 - I sent the DV letter (after 30 days - on 39th day as I was traveling), used WhyChat DV letter. I got a vague response that I owe the money. 
      Apr 2021 - Insurance re-payed the provider in full. They sent me the Explanation of Benefits which shows the account is fully settled.
      Apr 2021 - Certified mail to the provider returns back (with HIPAA language), as the provider closes the door. Phone calls or emails not returned. 
      Sep 2021 - CA keeps sending emails. Contacted the Insurance company. The Insurance company contacted the CA by phone and told them the account was settled. CA informs the insurance agent that it will contact the service provider and sort it out. 
      Sep 2021 - CA reports to CRA. Credit scores drop. 
      Sep 2021 - Online dispute raised with CRA with full proof of payment. However, all disputes closed that the debt is valid. 
      Oct 2021 - CA sends me the letter I still owe $1,200 + interest. 

I have the payment proof (insurance payment + co-pay that was paid in 2019). Can I please get your advise? Would this constitute as an insurance fraud? Should I send the proof of payment to the CA? Thank you so much. Appreciate it. 
    • By CandiedCredit
      I sent out a validation letter to a medical collection on the 1st. today the 17th i got an alert that a new account was added. The account was never removed to my knowledge but it is the same Collection but now the balance says zero.  Why would they do this? I haven't received any response from them.   Should I wait the 30 days to see if they remove, or move forward with another letter?  Thanks for any response 
    • By CandiedCredit
      I sent a validation letter to a CA, and I gave a copy of my ID and copy of my social. Rookie mistake  I know  
      My question is how bad of a mistake was this? What can I expect as an outcome? I hope I this doesnt bite me in the butt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By CandiedCredit
      Hi everyone, I am a bit confused about a letter I have received from Wells Fargo. It is an old auto loan that was charged off in 2018 (repo).  I have only removed addresses and frozen lexisnexis,innovis, etc at this point. I received a letter from WF stating that due to the age of my account they are cancelling the balance, and will no longer attempt to collect. This seems strange to me that they would voluntarily cancel a debt before I've disputed anything. What should I do if anything regarding this letter. I'm hoping the credit Gods are just dropping a blessing down on me  
    • By Abaliyah1
      Hello ,
      I am in debt about 80k i was offered a debt relief program but iam skepitcal...
      Can i call and negotiate myself the small debt then the big ones ??
      Please help 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jamesmichael12

Important Information

Guidelines