Covid-19 Second Dose Reaction

3 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

So did your parents finally get their second dose vaccine? Hope they are safely home.

Yep, once I was finally able to get Mom's scheduled, both of her appointments went as planned.

They made it safely home after Dad's second shot.  👍

On 3/21/2021 at 2:47 AM, cv91915 said:

Yep, once I was finally able to get Mom's scheduled, both of her appointments went as planne

They made it safely home after Dad's second shot.  👍

Good Gawd it is now next to impossible to schedule a covid vaccine. So I secured an appointment for tomorrow with the county by calling 211 and turning on a fake old lady shaky voice. I also told them I do not have access to a computer so they made the appointment for me (well actually for my DH).

I basically did the same thing in Colorado to get my brother's vaccine. At first they told me their was a 400 person waiting list. Turned on the old lady shaky voice and their tune changed to "How soon can you come in and what time."

On 3/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

Good Gawd it is now next to impossible to schedule a covid vaccine. So I secured an appointment for tomorrow with the county by calling 211 and turning on a fake old lady shaky voice. I also told them I do not have access to a computer so they made the appointment for me (well actually for my DH).

I basically did the same thing in Colorado to get my brother's vaccine. At first they told me their was a 400 person waiting list. Turned on the old lady shaky voice and their tune changed to "How soon can you come in and what time."

DH got his first vaccine dose and everyone there was completely professional, caring and nice. I have a complaint though but it's not about them. We got to the vaccination site 35 mins early. There were only about 3-4 people in line waiting to be vaccinated. They started DH's intake mediately because they weren't busy. Once inside there were at least seven vaccination stations with vaccinators with no one to vaccinate. Yet the Myturn.ca.gov claims all is full and no openings. Hence the old lady shaky voice just so Kelly could get this appointment. I need to complain constructively and guessing I start locally.

BTW DH got Pfizer 1st. dose. Just a little tired but other side effects.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

DH got his first vaccine dose and everyone there was completely professional, caring and nice. I have a complaint though but it's not about them. We got to the vaccination site 35 mins early. There were only about 3-4 people in line waiting to be vaccinated. They started DH's intake mediately because they weren't busy. Once inside there were at least seven vaccination stations with vaccinators with no one to vaccinate. Yet the Myturn.ca.gov claims all is full and no openings. Hence the old lady shaky voice just so Kelly could get this appointment. I need to complain constructively and guessing I start locally.

BTW DH got Pfizer 1st. dose. Just a little tired but other side effects.

Written complaint sent to CA Public Health and local congressman. Would have sent to Consumer Bob at local TV station but website wasn't working properly.

DH still feeling good after first dose of Pfizer vaccine.

Got my second Moderna dose yesterday.  18 hours later still feel OK, aside from a sore arm, similar to the first dose, however they say the side effects can show up from 24 to 72 hours after the shot.  Hoping sooner than later so I can be fine by the weekend.

18 hours ago, Krish said:

Scratch that.. i am feeling tired and lethargic, hopefully it will pass off by tomorrow

From feeling no pain in arm to almost popped a Tylenol before going to bed and slept good. Now the pain is almost gone, feel just fine. 

On 3/31/2021 at 4:12 AM, CTSoxFan said:

Got my second Moderna dose yesterday.  18 hours later still feel OK, aside from a sore arm, similar to the first dose, however they say the side effects can show up from 24 to 72 hours after the shot.  Hoping sooner than later so I can be fine by the weekend.

I was lucky.  Other than the sore arm, had no adverse effects from the vaccine.  Who knows years from now if i'll start growing a 3rd arm or all my skin will melt off, but for now I am good, happy to have the protection and hopefully get back to normal sooner rather than later.

I got the J&J shot yesterday at 5pm. Woke up this morning not feeling so well, but not horrible. Fast forward to this afternoon, and my entire body feels like Al Capone has given me the business with a baseball bat.

I'm bracing for my second Moderna shot next Thursday.

The first one went fine, but I'm still scarred from my experience with the typhoid vaccine, which I got a few years ago when we planned to spend Thanksgiving in Costa Rica. 

I was sick for six weeks afterward, and our friend who was planning on hosting us there flaked, and we ended up canceling our trip. 

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm bracing for my second Moderna shot next Thursday.

The first one went fine, but I'm still scarred from my experience with the typhoid vaccine, which I got a few years ago when we planned to spend Thanksgiving in Costa Rica. 

I was sick for six weeks afterward, and our friend who was planning on hosting us there flaked, and we ended up canceling our trip. 

If you were to have a bad reaction it should only last a day or two. You should be fine.

4 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

If you were to have a bad reaction it should only last a day or two. You should be fine.

From my doctor regarding the typhoid vaccine:  "You won't even notice."  :) 

I got my second Moderna dose about 21 hours ago.

I woke up with a slightly sore arm (just enough discomfort to notice).

My lower back is a bit achy, but I can't tell if it's vaccine side effects or just a mildly bad day for my sciatica, which has been a minor annoyance on and off for the past few weeks).

I'm sitting on planes this morning, so let's see how I feel when I arrive in Sioux Falls in about four hours. 

On the agenda:  lunch with an old friend today, then tomorrow I'm visiting my grandfather at his nursing home.  I haven't seen him since my grandmother's funeral last February. 

He's 99 and has told me that he's going to live to 100 but he makes no promises after that, so I only have 229 days to squeeze in some visits...  so when they opened up the facility for one-hour visits by appointment only, I scheduled one and booked flights.  :D  

I haven't posted this until now out of [superstition?], but he had covid several months ago and barely noticed.  He said if he hadn't been diagnosed, he wouldn't have thought much about the mild symptoms he had for a few days.  

DH had his second dose of Pfizer yesterday. Waited 1-1/2 hours after arriving on time for his appointment. Vaccination site is at a high school that just opened back up for in class instruction so it was a cluster.

So far DH has experienced just some typical tiredness, slight elevated temperature and sore arm.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, TheVig said:

I got the J&J shot yesterday at 5pm. Woke up this morning not feeling so well, but not horrible. Fast forward to this afternoon, and my entire body feels like Al Capone has given me the business with a baseball bat.

The pain has gone away. However, all jokes aside, mentally, I feel like I'm in a fog at times now.

9 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I got my second Moderna dose about 21 hours ago.

I woke up with a slightly sore arm (just enough discomfort to notice).

My lower back is a bit achy, but I can't tell if it's vaccine side effects or just a mildly bad day for my sciatica, which has been a minor annoyance on and off for the past few weeks).

I'm sitting on planes this morning, so let's see how I feel when I arrive in Sioux Falls in about four hours. 

Soreness in the arm is virtually gone.  

Mouth is dry, otherwise not so much as an annoyance -- beyond  having no room ready to check into because I arrived so early.  :aggressive:

Random side note:  Somehow I'm still Hilton Diamond from having that $450 AF card a couple of years ago.  This isn't just a Covid-related status extension; somehow Diamond didn't fall off my profile when I canceled the card long before that.

• 2 weeks later...