Jump to content

Covid-19 Second Dose Reaction


Recommended Posts


Weird thing when I got the second dose I never felt the needle touch my skin. Afterwards that day I worried a little whether I even received the vaccine. It wasn't until the next day when I experienced some mild symptoms that I felt relieved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin

Had my first dose Tuesday afternoon.  I had to drive myself.  My arm is still sore and when I got home, I just barely made it up the first-floor stairs to the main floor.  I slept for most of the day and went to bed around 6 p.m.   Today isn't much better.   I don't know if it makes a difference, but I got the moderna vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MarvBear said:

Had my first dose Tuesday afternoon.  I had to drive myself.  My arm is still sore and when I got home, I just barely made it up the first-floor stairs to the main floor.  I slept for most of the day and went to bed around 6 p.m.   Today isn't much better.   I don't know if it makes a difference, but I got the moderna vaccine.

Well according to the informational handout I received, the list of more severe side effects that requires medical care are:

 

1. Difficulty breathing

2. Swelling of the face and throat

3. A fast heartbeat

4. A bad rash all over the body

5. Dizziness and weakness

 

@MarvBear were you just feeling real tired after the vaccine walking up the stairs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Well according to the informational handout I received, the list of more severe side effects that requires medical care are:

 

1. Difficulty breathing

2. Swelling of the face and throat

3. A fast heartbeat

4. A bad rash all over the body

5. Dizziness and weakness

 

@MarvBear were you just feeling real tired after the vaccine walking up the stairs?

No,  Not just real tired, physically exhausted, with difficulty breathing combined with dizziness and weakness.  I'm monitoring it though.  Oximeter in the low 90's, with pulse normal. Some of this if from having COPD though.   I'll get by.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MarvBear said:

No,  Not just real tired, physically exhausted, with difficulty breathing combined with dizziness and weakness.  I'm monitoring it though.  Oximeter in the low 90's, with pulse normal. Some of this if from having COPD though.   I'll get by.

 

Hope the blood oxygen goes up. Not to be so nosey but it sounds like you could use some added oxygen. I'm sure you already know but please consult your doctor if no improvement. I care about your welfare and be interested if your doctor suggests the 2nd dose of vaccine. Take good care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, centex said:

Of those I know who have had the second shot, most reported worse effects after the second one, with the symptoms basically sounding like early-onset flu. 

That's what I understand a well. I got the first Pfizer 6 days ago. Arm hurt a bit starting 8 hours that lasted 24 hours. Just a bit sore.  Pretty typical and similar to flu vaccines. I skipped the flu vaccine this year based on it's extremely low prevalence. NPIs pretty much everywhere really knocked out flu. Virtually non-existent in the Southern hemisphere during the summer - their flu season. This was to be expected given the flu's low R naught.

 

On the positive side new data shows the  Pfizer shot efficacy is in the 80% range 14 days after the first shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 5:43 AM, MarvBear said:

No,  Not just real tired, physically exhausted, with difficulty breathing combined with dizziness and weakness.  I'm monitoring it though.  Oximeter in the low 90's, with pulse normal. Some of this if from having COPD though.   I'll get by.

 

Hope you're feeling a bit better Marv.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to get my first round of the vaccine yesterday and was given the Moderna variant.  No after effects except a sore arm at the injection site.  No complaints here.  My biggest shock was how well run the process was (at the site) given it is being done by the local health department.  Once the doors opened, I was in and out in under 30 minutes including time waiting for the shot and hanging around for 10 min afterwards to make sure I didn't have a major side effect.

 

There were stories on the local news about people having issues getting their second doses...hopefully they have that squared away by the time I am due at the end of this month.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      180,258
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    KeepItMovin
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines