20 Point FICO Hit when all my CCs reported 0 balance.

21 hours ago, distantarray said:

I'm not too sure, i've tried that in the past and i always yielded better results with 2%. hit 826 doing this on Fico04 with $2 I was at 796

We aren't going to get into a p'ing match with you...FICO4 is not a commonly used score (it is primarily a mortgage score) and the reality IS that for the bankcard scores (FICO8 and FICO9) tends to score best with AZEO and for that one to be a nominal amount (hence, the two dollar trick).  It has been studied here for at least as long as you have been registered on the site. 

4 hours ago, centex said:

We aren't going to get into a p'ing match with you...FICO4 is not a commonly used score (it is primarily a mortgage score) and the reality IS that for the bankcard scores (FICO8 and FICO9) tends to score best with AZEO and for that one to be a nominal amount (hence, the two dollar trick).  It has been studied here for at least as long as you have been registered on the site. 

Of course, once the basis of comparison is between two different credit score models, all bets are off the table as to what optimizes one vs the other (and, given some stark score variations one model to the next, it's not obvious that what optimizes one would optimize the other).

As you suggest, it's fairly well accepted that "AZEO,$2" optimizes utilization for Fico 8 bankcard (you claim Fico 9 bc as well; I believe that to be less well established, but I'm willing to accept that on your word.

Isn't new info re optimizing FICO 4 useful?  Most of the smart people here shell out some decent mortgage interest over time, but little on bankcards, so in the big picture it seems the more substantive question.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, distantarray said:

I'm not too sure, i've tried that in the past and i always yielded better results with 2%. hit 826 doing this on Fico04 with $2 I was at 796

If you have a myFICO subscription it would be interesting to observe this for a while.

In my time here, most of the discussion that I've watched (and participated in) has been based on what FICO 08 does.

Before my time (pre-2012) there was probably more discussion over this version, which is still almost exclusively used for mortgages. 

New observations on this generation of scores would be useful to people seeking mortgages.

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

If you have a myFICO subscription it would be interesting to observe this for a while.

In my time here, most of the discussion that I've watched (and participated in) has been based on what FICO 08 does.

Before my time (pre-2012) there was probably more discussion over this version, which is still almost exclusively used for mortgages. 

New observations on this generation of scores would be useful to people seeking mortgages.

Yes would like to see a updated testing do you think some other board members would be interesting in retrying? We done it before long time ago with fico 04