experian vs Fico vs vantage score

Experian has nothing to do with the score other than holding the underlying data that is used to generate a score based upon an Experian pull.  This holds equally true for any score generated from Equifax/CSC or TransUnion  or even Innovis. 

Even when talking about real scores generated on a Fair Isaac model, you STILL need to know which model was being used.  If your lender is working from FICO2, then knowing your FICO9 bankcard score is just as useless as knowing a Vantage 3.0 or Vantage 4.0 score.  

I usually see a difference of about 25 points between my FICO and Vantage scores. The FICO scores tend to be about 25 points higher over the past 5 years or so. I think more institutions are starting to use the Vantage scores, and it's usually easier to obtain free Vantage scores than FICO scores, so they're not totally useless. I look at my Vantage scores as an indicator for my FICO scores. If your Vantage scores are steady, then your FICO scores are likely also steady. If your Vantage scores are trending upward, then your FICO scores are likely also trending upward proportionally. And over the past 5 years that I've been comparing the two, my Vantage scores are pretty consistently about 25 points lower than the FICO 8 scores.

22 hours ago, Burdell said:

I usually see a difference of about 25 points between my FICO and Vantage scores. The FICO scores tend to be about 25 points higher over the past 5 years or so. I think more institutions are starting to use the Vantage scores, and it's usually easier to obtain free Vantage scores than FICO scores, so they're not totally useless. I look at my Vantage scores as an indicator for my FICO scores. If your Vantage scores are steady, then your FICO scores are likely also steady. If your Vantage scores are trending upward, then your FICO scores are likely also trending upward proportionally. And over the past 5 years that I've been comparing the two, my Vantage scores are pretty consistently about 25 points lower than the FICO 8 scores.

It's interesting that we see both the same things.  I really thought most lenders would be using FICO 8 or 9 scores, but I guess that is not the case

For our last mortgage refi I didn't want any new inquiries ☠️, so I just grabbed a screenshot of my Kredit Carma skores and had the underwriter use those instead. 

She just averaged them, and then subtracted the standard 25 points to account for the difference.