Dave Ramsey, Unchained.

Is Dave Ramsey’s empire the ‘best place to work in America’? (tennessean.com)

So they interview potential employee spouses? WTF!

In the spring of 2020, Heather Fulk’s husband, Jon, was working as a developer for Ramsey Solutions, a job that offered great co-workers and a family-friendly schedule. The company’s mission, too, was something Jon could believe in, his wife said. Heather was more skeptical. For one thing, there was the spousal interview. In his 2011 book “EntreLeadership,” Ramsey recommends that companies vet spouses to make sure their hire is not “married to crazy.”

It's a long, long piece but highly amusing.

• 1 month later...

I don't know much about this guy, all I knows is he tells people not to use credit card?

To be clear. Is Dave Ramsey currently using a credit account or apply for any personal credit (Mortgage, Car, Loan)? 

If so, is Dave's worldview: Do as I say, not as I do?  Hypocrite or polarizing figure?

18 hours ago, MP80 said:

I don't know much about this guy, all I knows is he tells people not to use credit card?

To be clear. Is Dave Ramsey currently using a credit account or apply for any personal credit (Mortgage, Car, Loan)? 

If so, is Dave's worldview: Do as I say, not as I do?  Hypocrite or polarizing figure?

Many of us surround ourselves mostly with smart people, so sometimes we forget why certain things are popular (Olive Garden, Dancing With the Stars, Rave Damsey).

While only 15.5% of adults have IQs under 85, by sheer volume that's still a lot of people.

4hGRO9e.jpg 

5 hours ago, MarvBear said:

I'm very protective of my spouse.  I don't need anyone else to approve or vet my marital choice.   There is no way in Hades I would work for an entity that required a spousal interview.  Who are they to judge what is suitable for me? 

When this thread was first created, I decided to go down the rabbit hole. Waaaaaay back in the day, a spousal interview was way more common than I thought.

Henry Ford comes to mind. The higher up the food chain in the company, in other words, the closer you were to him, the more he became interested in ones personal life. Fooked up home life, translates into fooked up professional life was his thinking. 

DR isn't the only nutter to ever walk the earth.

23 hours ago, MP80 said:

As far as I know, no one has been able to prove that DR has any credit cards or loans. Hasn't had a credit card. since prior to his BK years ago.

He pays cash for everything. Believe it or not, he's not the only person, or business that has the ability to do that. The problem with DR, is he refuses to take into account, that there are people and businesses who can use credit products responsibly, without paying interest.

My employer for example has never taken out any loan, for anything. Period. However we use, and don't shun the use of credit cards, as long as you don't pay interest. As a company we've enjoyed being able to capitalized on opprotunity costs, because we don't have debt.

DR is so right in so many ways, and so wrong in many ways.

10 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Many of us surround ourselves mostly with smart people, so sometimes we forget why certain things are popular (Olive Garden, Dancing With the Stars, Rave Damsey).

While only 15.5% of adults have IQs under 85, by sheer volume that's still a lot of people.

4hGRO9e.jpg 

I will not say that people are dumb and stupid, but rather they are busy making a living and do not have time to study "credit is a tool" and put it in the perspective of how to use it. Credit is also very tricky. It can attract anyone, no matter how smart you are, you will fall into a trap for paying high interest. Some people fall into the abyss so that they need to re-establish their credit by filing for bankruptcy again and again to refresh their credit. Therefore, facing this problem, some people really don't know how to use credit.

I remember several years ago, a long-term CB member asked for help. Mendy told the member that as far as her current situation is concerned, we recommend that she use cash instead of temporarily using credit because she recently went bankrupt for the second time.

After the first bankruptcy, some people were enlightened inspired, and helped them not to repeat the same mistakes. Unfortunately, some people turn a blind eye and are misled. Because people make mistakes, you have made 100 mistakes, but the dynamics are different for each. 

10 hours ago, TheVig said:

DR isn't the only nutter to ever walk the earth.

There are many false prophets who use God to promote their image. I just read this article at the beginning of the topic. Just looking at the facial aura in Dave Ramsey's photo, I felt full of secretive feelings for this person. People who hide things in their hearts. I don't know, maybe it's just that I saw some dark magicians, such as the great Santini in the series of Lieutenant Columbo episodes.

Using God to do good deeds is kind to the public. On the contrary, first, it is good for you, and then you will pay a higher price to prove causality.