Jump to content

Citibank Double Cash Card is GARBAGE!!


Recommended Posts

Ive had the Citibank Double cash card for over 2 years now with a measly $2060 credit limit and with high 700 credit scores,  6 figure yearly income and only 2% Utilization on 18 credit cards, Mortgage and no late payments

These suckas keep declining me for a simple credit limit increase..   Sock drawer it goes.. F Them!!!   Im not saying im entitled  But dang  I KNOW im atleast a good candidate for  Hell a $1000 increase atleast..sheesh  smh

 

Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn! I was worried about them.  Fresh out of rebuilding I wanted to get a Navy Federal CLOC and the Navy Federal card to get some nice credit limit exposure.  I thought about going after the Citi double cash card but while that 2% is outstanding I never heard much about their limits.... Now I know.  WOW!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, princedazzler said:

Ive had the Citibank Double cash card for over 2 years now with a measly $2060 credit limit and with high 700 credit scores,  6 figure yearly income and only 2% Utilization on 18 credit cards, Mortgage and no late payments

These suckas keep declining me for a simple credit limit increase..   Sock drawer it goes.. F Them!!!   Im not saying im entitled  But dang  I KNOW im atleast a good candidate for  Hell a $1000 increase atleast..sheesh  smh

 

Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

Did you have a previous negative experience (IIB, CO, etc.) with Citi?

 

I eventually built my largest single-card limit ($81,000) with Citi on one of their Hilton cards, before Amex bought the portfolio.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 6:55 AM, princedazzler said:

Ive had the Citibank Double cash card for over 2 years now with a measly $2060 credit limit and with high 700 credit scores,  6 figure yearly income and only 2% Utilization on 18 credit cards, Mortgage and no late payments

These suckas keep declining me for a simple credit limit increase..   Sock drawer it goes.. F Them!!!   Im not saying im entitled  But dang  I KNOW im atleast a good candidate for  Hell a $1000 increase atleast..sheesh  smh

 

Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

 

Missing from the discussion is the reason(s) Citi for the decline detailed in their adverse decision letter.  Absent that, it's very difficult to comment beyond, "I feel your pain". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 5:25 AM, hdporter said:

 

Missing from the discussion is the reason(s) Citi for the decline detailed in their adverse decision letter.  Absent that, it's very difficult to comment beyond, "I feel your pain". 

This...and it isn't that you can't get a high limit on that card as my DC card has a $60k limit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm disappointed that @princedazzler hasn't returned to CB for at least a peek since this post.  I suspect that given a few more details, we'd have decent suggestions on how to attain a more satisfactory relationship with Citi.

 

I have the highest general regard for Citi (although Chase is king with us these days).  Back when we were struggling in 2001, Citi was the only company that extended a hardship agreement (to Bev) that either didn't result in closure of the account (just suspension), or permitted reopening when we were back on our feet.  It remains as our longest open account, with a 1989 open date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, hdporter said:

 It remains as our longest open account, with a 1989 open date.

Nice!! I wish I still had my card from 1989 (it was with a local Indianapolis S&L whose M&A chain [Local S&L -> Summit Bank (Ft. Wayne) -> NBD -> First Chicago -> Chase]. In the early 1990s I followed bad advice by a local radio talk show Dave Ramsey wanna-be who at the time said you should only have one credit card, and if you get a new one close out the old one. A few years later I learned the hard way that guy was a total idiot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Nice!! I wish I still had my card from 1989 (it was with a local Indianapolis S&L whose M&A chain [Local S&L -> Summit Bank (Ft. Wayne) -> NBD -> First Chicago -> Chase]. In the early 1990s I followed bad advice by a local radio talk show Dave Ramsey wanna-be who at the time said you should only have one credit card, and if you get a new one close out the old one. A few years later I learned the hard way that guy was a total idiot.

 

Your experience (and unrelated experience of my own) may inspire me to have a t-shirt printed with the phrase, "Every intelligent thing I know about CREDIT was learned at Creditboards.com!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By djplourd
      Ok, I just got an unsolicited $5,000 CLI on my CITI Simplicity MC, bumping me up to $23,000.  I have been using this card recently because they gave me a 0% on all purchases and BTs deal until April 2021.  This has come in handy, as we're selling our house and had to make some repairs along with paying moving and storage costs.  The CLI is just gravy on top.
    • By Macrophage
      Hi there,

      For a few years now I have been in credit card debt with Gap. I had gone through a period paying some of it off to the creditor, Synchrony Bank, then for other reasons became broke and started to neglect my finances.  After several months of radio silence with the store and the creditor, I received this email by a third party, TrueAccord, claiming the creditor, LVNV Funding LLC, now has my account and may take legal action. These agencies look legitimate through my own background check but I'm still suspicious they didn't contact me by mail and I also want to be sure they have the correct information on my case. 

      Fortunately, I am now in a position where I can make payments again and would like for this to be a one-time settlement to whom ever holds my account. 
       
      Can anyone vouch for Trueaccord and LVNV Funding LLC and for those that have been in a similar situation how should I proceed? 
       
      Any advice will be helpful.
       
    • By hegemony
      Credit Cards Start Cutting Limits for People Facing Tough Times
       
       
       
       
       
    • By busted2
      Barclays MC was tossing me beautiful BT offers. Example: 12 months, O% int, 2% fee., etc. I could direct deposit to my bank account. Everything huggy face kissy poo. Second highest limit (even now.) One BT for $5000 PIF. Six months later BT $8000 PIF.
      Did downgrade from $89 card to free one a year ago. 
       
      For the last six months current offer: 23% int, 3% fee, no direct deposit, creditor payment only. My data points steady Freddy. Mid-High 700’s. Well under 8.9% overall, all usual advice followed, not credit seeking, only one reporting balance, etc. etc.

      I realize their is no direct answers, endless data points, yet any random thoughts? Curious.
       
      Thank you.
    • By Occam
      https://www.businessinsider.com/kroger-reverses-visa-credit-card-ban-2019-10?r=US&IR=T



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      180,595
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    Jdizzle5481
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines