How to mange passwords?

I know there are a lot of password mangers out there but i refuse to trust/pay monthly for any of them. My original thoughts where to use something like last pass free to handle all my passwords expect my financial logins.

I've been using a simple spreadsheet,  it's free and it's not in the cloud. I keep it on my PC as i do not use apps or any other ways.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:17 AM, Tigz said:

Roboform.  Been using it for years.  

I have read great things about roboform  but still you guys don't worry about a data breach on there side that is out of your control?

I may give them a try but still refuse to trust them with banking info.

I use password safe.

1. The source code is public.

2. I find it easy to organize entries.

3. Easy to customize.

4. Easy to add a hardware fob for 2FA. Useful if you keep the database in the cloud.

5. Easy to save a text version for backup

6. keep notes on each entry and it tracks old password history.

I do not keep passwords on my phone or use sites that require them.

14 hours ago, Chris1983 said:

I have read great things about roboform  but still you guys don't worry about a data breach on there side that is out of your control?

I may give them a try but still refuse to trust them with banking info.

A well known place like Roboform or Lastpass - no. Now if it were Natasha's Password Keeper app I'd be a little suspicious.

• Admin
2 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

A well known place like Roboform or Lastpass - no. Now if it were Natasha's Password Keeper app I'd be a little suspicious.

LastPass has been hacked but no user data was accessed.  As far as I know, Roboform has never been hacked.  I can back up the data included in my account, protect it locally, which means should anything happen to RF I have my data.  I don't worry a lot about them getting hacked and I use biometrics to protect access on my computer and phone. 

It would be a pain in the rear if something were to happen, sure, but the risk of being in that situation is very small.