Amazon "same-day" delivery

Welp.

About half an hour ago I added The Penguin Historical Atlas of Africa to my Amazon cart, and it said if I ordered $35 worth of stuff that was also same-day-delivery-eligible, then...  well, they'd uh... be delivered on the same day.  (See.)

So I threw in The New Penguin Atlas of Medieval History, bringing my total to $38.88 and I guess now we just wait to see what happens.

I shall have to update y'all upon the parcel's arrival, or 10pm, whichever comes first.

(You heard me.)

It hath arrived.

(See, my building's office closes at 6pm so that's when I thought I was s.o.l.; but as it happens there's a heated vestibule with unsecured double doors to the outside, ahead of the secured double doors to the building; they left the package in that little vestibule - which I was glad of; as I didn't want the package to get cold.)

Now to get readily erudite for my South Africa trip!

If you really want to jazz up your Amazon wizardry, get yourself an Echo Dot (or other Alexa speaker).  It'll flash an intermittent glowing light to let you know when an Amazon package has been delivered (and give you content details when you ask it to play your Announcements).

• 2 weeks later...